Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

It really does work like that. Your example makes no sense. 

English people are the absolute worst for judging peoples ability to speak English (as a foreign language) whilst at the same time they're going abroad and barely being able to pronounce 'Hola'.

I’m fluent in 2 languages. Can I comment on Unai’s English?

On a serious note it’s good, but as said before it’s just the accent can make it difficult to understand at times unless concentrating. He’s going to be here for years so that will improve in time. 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Doesn't work like that though. Its like saying if you have never played professional football, you have no leg to stand on when talking about our players.

I think his English is fine, I had to concentrate a little bit but he's probably a bit rusty with his English. 

To some extent you’re correct. But we’re fans of football not language experts. It’s moronic to take the mick out of someone’s 2nd or even 3rd language when they can’t even string two sentences in a 2nd language. especially when they’re our manager who clearly does not like it (video of him swearing at Arsenal fans)

14 minutes ago, allani said:

Not really.  Comments like "good ebening" or "aston billa" are stupid and ignorant.  Especially as most of the people who say them would probably (generalisation) struggle to say anything in another language.  People can comment about their concerns about whether he will have issues effectively presenting his thoughts in another language - that's fine.  But the "mocking" is nothing short of ignorant and should be stamped out.  That type of "humour" should have died in the 1970s (or a long time before that).

The Darren Farley banter types on social media who find this funny will sadly always have an audience

Ita disgusting

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m fluent in 2 languages. Can I comment on Unai’s English?

On a serious note it’s good, but as said before it’s just the accent can make it difficult to understand at times unless concentrating. He’s going to be here for years so that will improve in time. 

Of course, and you are in a better position than most having taken the time to learn how difficult it is to master two languages. 

@SeanVilla in the post above put my point across better than I could!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He said so in the interview.

Ignore that.

Purslow has secured the deal all along. Unless he has signed a paper with his name on it that says NAS is responsible for this appointment Purslow gets all the credit because he is the greatest CEO that has ever lived.

Edited by Pinebro

I am pleased he has now arrived and hopefully he will do a good job. I just hope we are patient enough to give  him time as he has arrived at a time in which we are close to the bottom 3 with a couple of tricky games to go before the world cup break. It is another step change in management from the last regime so it is going to take a bit of time for the players to adjust yet again. That has been picked up in several articles I have read but really what was the alternative for Villa? We couldn't keep Gerrard on after Fulham and I have never seen anyone else play his slow plodding football with no width and we couldn't keep this on for continuity's sake or we would be relegated.

It is so refreshing to finally have a manager who is incredibly tactical and will give us a clear style and identity. We can have full confidence going into each we’re as prepared as we possibly can. It gets negative quickly when you’re questioning the managers decisions every time he puts the team out.

27 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I think it was a Southampton fan.  Love the response, good on him! 

Although he better not do that now or will probably get a punishment. 

14 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

It is so refreshing to finally have a manager who is incredibly tactical and will give us a clear style and identity. We can have full confidence going into each we’re as prepared as we possibly can. It gets negative quickly when you’re questioning the managers decisions every time he puts the team out.

Well, we have to see won't we?....while the signs are good, the outcome is still to be witnessed.

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating"

I fancy, we will still have to have surgery, before any radical changes are gained.

Â