Unai Emery

PeterSw

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I was a betting man. I would place a crisp £10 note on the pitches being choc full of coaches who don't yet have work permits the second the cameras stopped shooting. 

Definitely. Pablo Villanueva and Victor Manas can be seen in the training video

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Scenes when we have a " bad " run and people start posting quotes from their Arsenal supporting mates.

I can 100% guarantee that won't be me. 

I have no mates who support Arsenal and never will. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I can 100% guarantee that won't be me. 

I have no mates who support Arsenal and never will. 

I used to live close to Highbury. It was a bit of a media-type ghetto back then. I don’t mind Arsenal supporters, tbh. Now Chelsea supporters …

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

All these metaphoricall slaps on the back for our new manager. Let's see how quick of these turn to slaps on the cheek if success doesn't come soon enough. 

Yup. I suppose the phrase of the week is “managing expectations.” It’s natural to be super excited, but He’s not going to be able to just pound the staff of Gandalf and fix the world. I don’t even think Gandalf can do that lol. 

I dunno why but just seeing him put those wall thingy into the ground showed me how much of the small detail he wants and the hard work he puts in. Some managers it coaches probably wouldn't even bother with that stuff and get their assistants to do it.

This man cares, really think we've got absolute gem of a guy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I hope he hires a crack team of psychologists to try and break down our mental fragility.

Hey, I’ve already done that: “Forwards, score some goals.”

Confidence restored.

Where shall I send my invoice?

9 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yup. I suppose the phrase of the week is “managing expectations.” It’s natural to be super excited, but He’s not going to be able to just pound the staff of Gandalf and fix the world. I don’t even think Gandalf can do that lol. 

I think Gandalf would find the Villa job somewhat of a chore, tbh. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I know we’ve been a bit starved of content but this thread is mental. Dean Smith was definitely a proper coach and even if Gerrard was hands off, he had enough staff taking training for him. They’ve not just been running laps for the last year.

Just think we might be in danger of getting a little overexcited…

I think it happens pretty much every time. I remember people raving about the video of Gerrard’s first training session. 

How much it is people actually seeing something or wanting to see something and convincing themselves, not sure. But if people want to feel that way, that’s cool, nothing wrong in feeling positive. My natural instinct is to feel a bit more subdued.

Having said that, I’m fairly confident Emery will prove to be a notable improvement on Gerrard. I don’t think we’ll be a rip roaring success from the off, but I think we have a much better chance of finishing this season around 11th, rather than 15th or below which is what I thought we were looking at before the change in management.

Guys it is nice to be excited about Villa for the first time in a long time. There will be plenty of time for rational discussion and moaning about so and so not being able to control the ball after the weekend game.

Until then let us enjoy this moment. We have hired a manager worth being excited about.

• Like 3

Â