Unai Emery

PeterSw

Just now, Davkaus said:

He's desperately on the phone trying to get his work permit declined

Wouldn’t blame him. I wouldn’t want these muppets potentially ruining my managerial career either 😂

• Haha 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the board have a brain they will give Emery 100% control.

He is world class, are players are not. It doesn’t happen in this league with the money at stake, but in this situation I’d **** off the whole team until Emery gets what he wants. 

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We may be looking at another rebuilding job here. 

It will be another exciting summer transfer thread then!

• Haha 2

Given the shit that today's opponents were in a year ago, I'd hope that Emery is able to get the best out of what we've got with some key additions, because if we need a clear out, with the amount of money we'll be writing off, it's a bit of a disaster

• Like 1

Massive job he has here. He must have been given some guarantees about funds etc. 

Carlos and Kamara back will help. Need to be looking at another CB, a RB, plus 2 or 3 attacking players. 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Two 4-0 results, it's a mixed bag. It's a big job and he knew it going in. Let him get on with his job before we lose our shit about players or whatnot

I think we’re somewhere in between this week and last week. 

• Like 1

Tactically he will paper over cracks and manage to get functional performances out of that 11 even against top half teams. He'll even get the dross to resemble decent footballers and compete with top level players but..under no circumstances should anyone be fooled that the likes of Watkins,Cash,Konsa,Mcginn et al are even close to being good players. Load of run around merchants.

14 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

We are, no two ways about it, we need 5-6 top players in key positions. Mainly up front, wide and full backs 

Disagree that we need 6 top players. 

We have Carlos and Kamara to return and they are both (hopefully) hugely important in strengthening our spine.  From everything I have seen - Carlos will lead the back-line and make sure that our back 4 are better organised.  Unfortunately, Mings doesn't read the game very well and so gets himself in the wrong positions too often and doesn't get the rest of the defence organised.  I think Carlos will make a massive difference with that.

I think we need a proper leader in the middle of the park so that Kamara (when he returns) and Luiz can concentrate more on their own game.  Gaining and retaining a foothold in midfield is absolutely critical.  We also need someone to give players some ****ing stick when they don't track back.  No-one does that at the moment.

We definitely need a new striker / or someone to play down the right.

Two signings and two players returning from injury make a huge difference.  It would still leave work to do in the summer but I think we are then tinkering rather than overhauling.

• Like 1

Â