Unai Emery

PeterSw

For me it's the kind of appointment I've always wanted us to make, because what this guy will bring (even if he's here for only a couple of years) will give us a platform we can build from for years and years to come. This will establish us in the top half again and potentially push us to heights we thought would be unachievable, not just with the football but with the reputation spike, the players and staff he'll bring with him, where it'll leave us after his tenure, we should be in a position of strength. This isn't just an appointment for the here and now, this props us up in the future as well.

Very moist.

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imho possibly the best manager we have ever signed in my 25 years supporting. Excited and looking forward to us actually being coached by someone who uses tactics.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Oh yeah. Emery made 32 substitions in the first half while at Arsenal. So there is far more than a plan A and hope to his management style. 

No more sleepy substitutions in the 65th when the game is already gone 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No more sleepy substitutions in the 65th when the game is already gone 

Its going to be brilliant. Even if it takes time to find his feet during a really tough run of games initally , simply seeing a manager who can do tactics and not trotting out the same predictable team and formation every week will be wonferful. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I wonder if Purslow had anything to do with this or if NSWE told him to sit this one out and took the reigns themselves…

As much as they say they make decisions together - pride surely dictates that Purslow has taken a back seat this time. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Sid Lowe tweeted it was a disappointing day and said it was sad for Villarreal and sad for La Liga that he left

To be fair he is Spanish football correspondent, and he’s right about it being sad for V CF, it’s just that it’s our gain!

Â