Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Hang in a minute !!! Unless I missed something every f;cjing VillaTalk member is happy with this appointment ?!?!? 

I think the internet has just been broken.

Surly there a lurker out there who doesn't want? 

Yeah I wanted Mancini, Emery just doesn’t quite have the sartorial style I was after..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

spacer.png

I’m serious. I just know Arsenal seemed pretty one paced and predictable under him.

My positivity is for this is high, based on what others say. I’m probably ignorant. 

Edited by Dodgyknees

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

His record is absurd. Near enough 50% win ratio wherever he goes - even the Arsenal job which he was mocked for was over 50% win ratio whilst coming in to a hot mess and trying to change their style entirely. And massively experienced, he's got 500 games under his belt, managing in various countries .

This is a superb appointment. He's a great manager.

46-16-19 at Arsenal including Europa league runner-up. Not too shabby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

Hang in a minute !!! Unless I missed something every f;cjing VillaTalk member is happy with this appointment ?!?!? 

I think the internet has just been broken.

Surly there a lurker out there who doesn't want? 

The benefit coming in after Gerrard, we would get behind anybody not Gerrard. Completely different from his time at Arsenal, not easy to follow Wenger.

He is top class, there isn’t that many better, most likely the best we could have gotten.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

The 7 bet was made a few days ago, and the 3.5 was this morning. Got in just before the odds tumbled. Bit lucky!

Oh wait I misread and thought you'd made a £3.50 bet and won £350 from that.

Still impressive but was gonna say, when were his odds ever that far out!? 😆

• Haha 1

Smart appointment. More stability, better organization, more pragmatism. 

He will be eager for another bite of the Prem and should do better this time.

I expect far fewer losses now. Hopefully we aim high straight away and achieve a top half finish and deep cup runs.

January will be interesting. 

8 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

The benefit coming in after Gerrard, we would get behind anybody not Gerrard. Completely different from his time at Arsenal, not easy to follow Wenger.

He is top class, there isn’t that many better, most likely the best we could have gotten.

That’s clearly not the case when you look back at all the “Dyche over my dead body” posts on the next manager thread. Plus Emery appeared as favourite on the next manager  poll when some managers hardly got any votes at all.

Edited by briny_ear

Â