Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I’ve no problem if it’s Emery, but a general question for those more in the know than me. What’s the football like with him? I think I watched his Villareal team beat United in the Europa final and that was backs to the wall stuff! But that may have been a good tactical decision for that match or is that the general style? 

Just now, Herman22 said:

I’ve no problem if it’s Emery, but a general question for those more in the know than me. What’s the football like with him? I think I watched his Villareal team beat United in the Europa final and that was backs to the wall stuff! But that may have been a good tactical decision for that match or is that the general style? 

from what i have read he is a defensive/counter attacking type manager, again, without knwoing for sure, a lot of comments with regard ot his failure at Arsenal was his difficulty transitioning from a defensive/counter style to trying to implement a possession based style.

Not sure of true tho, but if it is, would we all be happy with a counter attacking style?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

is Emery not mostly a defensive/counter attacking type manager?

Is that what you guys would be happy with?

That's how he's able to get teams punching above their weight. Leicester also won a league title playing that way.  Our greatest ever performance in the NSWE era, the 7-2, most of our goals were mainly counter attacks. 

Just now, duke313 said:

That's how he's able to get teams punching above their weight. Leicester also won a league title playing that way.  Our greatest ever performance in the NSWE era, the 7-2, most of our goals were mainly counter attacks. 

im not saying its a bad thing, im just asking because i would guess many want a possession/stylish style of play, rather than a counter style.

Will be interesting to hear peoples thoughts.

7 minutes ago, Folski said:

Not sure if he was doing the buying at Arsenal but the transfers in his first summer didn't age well.

Leno £22m now at Fulham

Papastathopoulos £14m now at Olympiakos

Torreira £27m now at Olympiakos

Guendouzi £8m now at Marseille

=============

Martinelli £6m still at Arsenal

Saliba £27m still at Arsenal

Pepe £72m on loan at Nice

Tierney £25m still at Arsenal

Luiz £8m at Flamengo

To be fair, the "failures " have gone on to do very well at the clubs they moved to.

Remember, sometimes it takes time for certain signings to work.

Saliba was forever on loan, now he's a revelation.

32 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I hope it's Emery, that way I win £60

Me too, the reported meeting with Purslow, very quiet from us, Lyric saying he couldn't take job until Nov and his pedigree being very high but maybe not Poch Klopp level all made sense to me. Good punt at 6/1. Kerching!! hopefully. His tactical abilities will suit our squad now as well.

58 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes as in Spain there is not as much pressing as in PL teams need to build up slower. He's an adaptable coach, but seeing how his team did over last two seasons in Europe gives an idea of how adaptable he is. He plays two 6s a lot in most of his formations 4 2 2 2 or 4 2 3 1. Which I think he would keep at Villa and which we would like

Like we did yesterday for the first time 

21 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Emery is a good choice for Villa:
PL Experience ✅ 
Won Trophies ✅
Managed big clubs and big players  ✅
Can work without a big transfer budget ✅
Can get results against so the called bigger teams ✅
Tactically flexible and plays to the strengths of the players✅

Hopefully sticks with the 4-3-2-1 he used regularly at Sevilla 

Coaches' Voice | Unai Emery: Coach Watch

Can play the Dyche 4-4-2