Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

That squad showed everything today. Togetherness, passion, flair, determination, etc. 

So, so much to get excited about for a manager. Hopefully this will turn some heads. 

We need a manager that can have us playing high tempo football using with width.

We don’t need the slow possession build up play here.

That is not the Villa way..

EDIT

Hopefully this performance and result has made us look more attractive to the higher calibre managers..

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Our managerial targets must be impressed with that showing and with the added bonus of guaranteed financial backing, we’re a much better project than the league form and position suggests!

hopefully this’ll go some way to convincing one of top targets to take us on.

• Like 3

Great performance today, I couldn't believe what I was seeing to be honest. Lots of passion and will on display, and Danks did well with lineup and tactics. Goddamn I needed that.

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Brilliant advertisement for our next manager that was 

i agree, a performance like that both helps our league position, so the next manager isnt quite so concerned, but also showcases what the players are capable of with tactics that arent inept.

huge, huge win imo for more than just the basic win/points, its a message to the future manager also.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

It might be that the players already know who the new manager is and the magnificence of the name added an additional brilliant lustre to our play.

Or he even gave Danks a number of pointers on how to set up. Unlikely but just a thought.

I’d be straight back on that phone to Mauricio, telling him to put his big boy pants on, watch Match of the Day tonight and get himself down Bodymoor in the morning. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Or he even gave Danks a number of pointers on how to set up. Unlikely but just a thought.

Most on here had said we needed to play 4-2-3-1 for a long time, so the setup was pretty obvious. Still Gerrard couldn’t do it in 11 months.

• Like 2