Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I would imagine that clubs speak to managers all the time, that Purslow chats to managers at games, chat to other CEO's at meetings, speaks to players about managers, speaks to sporting directors and keeps little windows open. I'd imagine that Newcastle and Liverpool understand the situations of lots of managers, even though neither have any desire to replace their own at he moment - I don't think clubs start from scratch when they decide to sack a man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

That may be true.

And I believe the board has actively been searching for an replacement for weeks but obviousy proven difficult.

It came to a point with Gerrard that sacking him even without someone lined up was still a way better alternative than keeping him here while searching for a new manager.

I think Gerrard has set back our reputation so much. And the way Purslow runs things will put managers off.

I think talks of Pochettino and Emery is bordering delusional considering where we find ourselves.

If we can get a motivated Rodgers I still feel that is the best option.

I'll pay you 10 million  a year, we got amazing facilities and owners worth a few billion, so you'll get backed for new signings. Fancy it ?

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A few days ago they commented on Gallardo’s wish for the Premier League.

Today, Aston Villa fired Steven Gerrard. I don’t know if the Doll will want to lead another team so soon… but the table is set.

Finally a link to him!

24 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Yea, but the decision to sack Gerrard was obviously being thought off before he was actually sacked. 
Chelsea sacked Tuchel on the 7th September and announced Potter on the 8th. If they can do it why can’t we? 

We threw everything at Poch and he has allegedly said no.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i suppose my question would be, is how the heck do the Telegraph know McGinn will be dropped!?

It also says Ramsey will be dropped.

Possibly a nugget offered to them by the club to keep the name of our prospective next manager out of the papers for now, until deal is done. 

Just a wild guess though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would imagine that clubs speak to managers all the time, that Purslow chats to managers at games, chat to other CEO's at meetings, speaks to players about managers, speaks to sporting directors and keeps little windows open. I'd imagine that Newcastle and Liverpool understand the situations of lots of managers, even though neither have any desire to replace their own at he moment - I don't think clubs start from scratch when they decide to sack a man.

Managers are no different to players in that they have a close relationship with their agent. 

Agents want to place their clients, and will be plugged-in to results of clubs all around the world. A Premier League club with plenty of money getting poor results would yield many conversations, so the club will know who would potentially be interested in the post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Not sure if this guy is legit, however posting anyway...

I think that's sort of a satire account. Same dude jokes about SG went mental after the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Sporting playing now if anyone fancies some Amorim research 

I am watching the game. Sporting almost scored just now.

Edited by daft