Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

There’s more of a comparison with Gerrard and Garde than Amorim

Absolute rubbish! I wasn’t a fan of Garde but in terms of him he was nothing like Gerrard in terms of up and coming profile

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

No he wasn’t considered for those jobs.  Potter was the only person Chelsea was interested in, Man U was basically Ten Hag despite the heavy rumours of Poch.  As for PSG I’m not so knowledgeable about them but wasn’t it always Galtier.  So he wasn’t considered, maybe the usual links to anybody and everybody that these job vacancies have.

As for Amorim, I tend to agree with you about getting him now or never because he’ll either be a roaring success and end up at Madrid or fade quickly into lower league European football.  Both are possible based on these very young inexperienced managers.

As I’ve said I’m not against getting him because he does sound good on his small body of work but let’s not over hype him, he’s a very big risk but maybe worth taking.  I’m still of the mind to be a bit more risk adverse though.

I think it would be a far bigger risk if we were in January or February. But we are two wins away from Top half, if he can get us playing the basics we will move up the table. 

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I get it… and I’m mostly on board… it’s just going to hit us hard IF it doesn’t work out but could be a masterstroke if it does…

We’d be a laughing stock if we paid a record fee and it failed… we can’t keep losing/wasting money and expecting success/progress, owners will lose interest eventually if that happens. But maybe that’s just negative thinking… can you blame us after SG though?

Wouldn’t it be lovely to have opposition fans envying us on this? So long as we’re getting results and putting in positive performances…

I’m going to make time to listen to this later:

If Neil can’t convince me, no one can 😆

Regardless, my general feeling on this atm is

spacer.png

But do we have to play with 5 defenders on the pitch? 😭t

Mate, when I think about some of the players we've spent more than this on... it softens the blow.

I genuinely feel our next big investment needs to be in a Manager/coach.

If someone can get the best out of our best players and shoot us up the table to a good finish, that alone is worth the money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I think it would be a far bigger risk if we were in January or February. But we are two wins away from Top half, if he can get us playing the basics we will move up the table. 

Yep agree with that

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who ever we get, I want someone who isn’t a copycat manager, going with what “the big clubs are doing” I want someone who’s a fresh maverick who has new ideas that can set a new trend in world football. however, I also want a “steady eddy” that can stop the rot and refix us and solidify in the league to build from.

my heart says maverick and my head says steady eddy

I think my heart is winning 

How about a maverick Eddie?

1 minute ago, thejoker said:

If this is true then we might see an interim until the summer. He's already stated (through reporters) that he wants to see out the season with Sporting.

I'm sure Nas slipping some reddies in his top pocket might change his mind....

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Definitely prefer Emery to Almorim.

No doubt the latter is more exciting, also more chance to fully blow up and be sacked before the season ends.

And if he gets sacked we’re going to be playing the shitheads next season 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, when I think about some of the players we've spent more than this on... it softens the blow.

I genuinely feel our next big investment needs to be in a Manager/coach.

If someone can get the best out of our best players and shoot us up the table to a good finish, that alone is worth the money.

Well said… I agree… just considering all the factors.

We can’t really afford to mess this up though (I need to stop 🤣) but it could be “just the trick”… 🤞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Villareport and their usual Bollox 🙄

Come on JV you know the golden rule. It’s only bollox if you don’t agree with it. Otherwise it’s interesting and insightful from a proper ITK reporter. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

So, is Amorim more or less or the same amount of risk as SG? (I would be grateful if the word 'ceiling' doesn't crop up!)

Very different profiles tbf. 

Gerrard had done pretty well at Rangers, whereas Amorim has been incredible for Braga and then Sporting. 

• Like 1

If we're going to compare garde and almorim then we should also look at the Gerrard and Sherwood comparison. 

I'm confident the squad is much better but it's difficult to ignore the similarities to both the managers and the current situation.

• Like 1