Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

9 minutes ago, daft said:

We are not in a relegation battle.

If there was 1 game left we’d be in SERIOUS danger of relegation. 

We’re on track to go down in current form. 

It’s early in the season but it’s enough to know we’re in trouble without action, or if we make a bad choice.

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Talking of Simeone I think we’re where Athletico Madrid were when Simeone joined them. So we need to find someone similar imo. And for me that guy is Marcelo Gallardo. I believe he’d join us if we sell him the vision.

Whatever that vision is I don’t know. Unfortunately Pochettino isn’t going to come here so that’s where I think we need to look.

Good comparison.  Simeone had only ever managed Argentine clubs and a lower league Italian club before taking Atletico.  The rest is history.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Well we nearly spent that on Sarr and didn't, so providing we dont give him an 8 year contract or anything, and put clauses in there that protect us, I don't see it as that much of a financial hit. At least that's how I'm rationalising things. 

It's strange to me that we'd spend that kind of money for a single player who might make a nominal impact on our success, but that Managers, who exert much more influence are not going for the same rates.  

It’s less the money and more the manager and risk for the money.  The managers position is so key imo that so much money for somebody so risky just seems a waste, for that kind of cash we can get somebody elite (if they come).  We need somebody whose more proven in my eyes and i don’t mean like a Dyche but top level.