Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

11 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Honestly after thinking about it I would take Sean Dyche. Good at operating at that relegation level, but also worked wonders at Burnley for years and deserves a club with a bit of backing to see what he can do. Certainly we wouldn't have a disappearing midfield with him.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at him......At least he would get us competing, and shift out all the passive play.

14 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Honestly after thinking about it I would take Sean Dyche. Good at operating at that relegation level, but also worked wonders at Burnley for years and deserves a club with a bit of backing to see what he can do. Certainly we wouldn't have a disappearing midfield with him.

Would be a terrible appointment. We don't have the players for his style of play. We must have the smallest team in the league. 

Emery is exactly the sort of manager we'd need... if we were a Spanish club. Not convinced he can communicate as effectively as his approach demands over here.

Rose would be a gamble.

People who think Pochettino is realistic are unfortunately in dreamland. He'll keep his stock high and wait for a bigger profile club to need a manager. There are enough about.

Potter might be possible - I also share the worries we'd destroy his career but I suppose that would apply to any potentially decent young manager! To some extent even he'd be a risk, but is clearly a better coach than Gerrard.

Rodgers seems the most realistic option to me and probably suits where we are.

40 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Would be a terrible appointment. We don't have the players for his style of play. We must have the smallest team in the league. 

He played the style of play because of the players and resources he had. 

Good managers don't just play one way - they build around the players they have or can afford

Edited by LondonVillian

10 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

He played the style of play because of the players and resources he had. 

Good managers don't just play one way - they build around the players they have or can afford

Agreed. I'd like to see what he could do with more backing. Just not necessarily here. It's a big risk.

I think we have to face where we are right now and need someone to come in who can change things quickly. Might not be the fancy football we’re all hoping for, but I fear managers like emery, rose maybe even poch would take time to implement their style by which point we could be miles off 17th. That for me leaves us with dyche or Rodgers and I’d be happy with either of those 

Can people stop saying Dyche. Not even Purslow is mad enough to appoint a manager famous for physical long-ball football for a squad filled with smallish technical players. Watching Coutinho and Bailey try to win headers and chase second balls would be sad.

"But he could adapt to having more money", maybe but he hasn't yet shown anything of the sort. Banking on Dyche being able to create a good team with our players would be the definition of a gamble.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Can people stop saying Dyche. Not even Purslow is mad enough to appoint a manager famous for physical long-ball football for a squad filled with smallish technical players. Watching Coutinho and Bailey try to win headers and chase second balls would be sad.

"But he could adapt to having more money", maybe but he hasn't yet shown anything of the sort. Banking on Dyche being able to create a good team with our players would be the definition of a gamble.

Dyche as a caretaker  would probably see us safe - take a talented squad and make them work harder, stay tighter and become a more cohesive unit. It would  most likely be grindingly painful to watch, but would probably work. And then who knows? Replace or extend depending on progress. He wouldn't  be my first choice, but he could surprise us

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think I'd honestly rather get relegated than just keep circling the drain watching shit football with Dyche in the dugout.  At least we won some matches in the Championship.

Let's do this thing properly or not do it at all.

No No No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Dyche as a caretaker  would probably see us safe - take a talented squad and make them work harder, stay tighter and become a more cohesive unit. It would  most likely be grindingly painful to watch, but would probably work. And then who knows? Replace or extend depending on progress. He wouldn't  be my first choice, but he could surprise us

The TGWU would be outside BMH picketing....unfair treatment, etc

They wouldn't commit to playing for him.....This lot wouldn't play for Saunders, if we could turn the clock back.