Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I always do give this tag ONE point.

They actually we're reporting that Grealish had agreed to a Man City move months before it happened and we rubbished ir.

Hopefully they can go 2 out of 2000 when it comes to " ITK " here. Lol

They throw a lot of shit. Some of it happens to stick. Let's hope that this is one piece that sticks. Also some random 'Repórter de futebol' has tweeted that we have approached Poch. The tweet is in Portuguese so that's enough for me to declare its legitimacy 😁

You can guarantee that Leicester and Everton will both move for Pochettino if they sack their respective managers.

Rodgers would be my second choice, but if we have genuine ambitions of becoming a force in English football again, we should move for Pochettino now.

• Like 2

Just now, jacketspuds said:

You can guarantee that Leicester and Everton will both move for Pochettino if they sack their respective managers.

Rodgers would be my second choice, but if we have genuine ambitions of becoming a force in English football again, we should move for Pochettino now.

I am not sure Leicester will sack BR. They appear to be battening down the hatches and not spending any cash. Sacking BR and bringing in a new guy will cost them millions

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

They throw a lot of shit. Some of it happens to stick. Let's hope that this is one piece that sticks. Also some random 'Repórter de futebol' has tweeted that we have approached Poch. The tweet is in Portuguese so that's enough for me to declare its legitimacy 😁

In English...

"Aston Villa made initial contacts with representatives of Mauricio Pochettino. They want to discuss a possible deal if Gerrard leaves during the international break. Many clubs are looking to the Argentine. Villa wants to move quickly"

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Is Poch that great a manager? Did well at Southampton, achieved nothing at Spurs and was a flop at PSG

Spurs to the champions league final, decent achievement that with any team.

psg was always a bad fit with his pressing football and forwards who can’t press

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Desperate times and all that.

" There's only one Rolando Pontos! "

😂

• Like 2

The Poch tweet does sound like BS. Asking him if he would join us if we decide to sack our manager in a month's time. Any self respecting manager would tell us to take a hike and come back when they are prepared to actually offer him the job or not

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Is Poch that great a manager? Did well at Southampton, achieved nothing at Spurs and was a flop at PSG

He was operating at Spurs during their " cut back " era due to new stadium.

Most of their fans loved him from what I gather still so there's a reason.

PSG is a different type of gig altogether.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Gerrard shortened from 6/1 to 5/2 overnight to be next manager to go.

Rogers is 5/4.

Frank 8/1.

I’d still have a piece of that, if he wasn’t Purslow’s bum chum… so I’ll pass.

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Achieved nothing at Spurs? If we end up having the seasons that Spurs had under Poch it'll be the most successful spell in my lifetime by a county mile. He did that with little budget and bringing through plenty of youth, he made their young players into world beaters. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was operating at Spurs during their " cut back " era due to new stadium.

Most of their fans loved him from what I gather still so there's a reason.

PSG is a different type of gig altogether.

Yeah I don't think Poch is a 'Galacticos' kind of manager.  More suited to coaching and building a team in his own style.  The job he did at Spurs when they ballsed up the ground reopening and not having any money to spend was brilliant.

• Like 1