Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah I’m all for approaching candidates right now and if someone can be in place before Leicester, great. But I suspect the int break will be used for making the change, that’s usually the case.

By that stage we will be 19th or 20th not 15th - so worth getting the asks out now and it’ll look slightly less of a bombsite

Just now, rjw63 said:

Potter would be great, very much doubt he'd come to the current shitfest though.

Think things are aligning for Rodgers - I'm probably happy with that. He'll get a tune out of Coutinho and probably a good few others.

Just now, Pinebro said:

Right now is not a great time to bring a new manager in.

Arsenal and City is pretty much 2 straight defeats whoever is in charge.

I doubt they’d bring in anyway by Arsenal. If they were to make a change they’d probably give it to Critchley for Arsenal and/or City before bringing in someone new.

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Think things are aligning for Rodgers - I'm probably happy with that. He'll get a tune out of Coutinho and probably a good few others.

The ideal scenario is a long term safe pair of hands. Few clubs every really achieve that, a short term boost and getting us heading in the right direction, and we'll be doing better than any manager other thn Smith in the last 10+ years. I'd take him.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I genuinely think we'll be 20th if that happens. Leicester will be above us if they win at home and that could easily happen given we've just lost to a West Ham team who just parked the bus for an hour and were very low on confidence.

I see a clear risk of Purslow leaving it until the World Cup break. That would be after 16 games.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Irrelevant for me, if Gerrard is a gonner it's better sooner rather than later

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

So why not get a new manager in asap so that he can witness the Arsenal and City games to see what needs to be done? Delaying reaps no rewards!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I see a clear risk of Purslow leaving it until the World Cup break. That would be after 16 games.

Me too, especially if he picks up a win or two to keep us just out of the relegation zone.

I don't think people should be so worried about Rodgers because he is struggeling right now.

This is very normal in modern football. The Rodgers - Leicester project has simply run it's course. They've had a good run but time to move on.

I'd be very happy with Rodgers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

So why not get a new manager in asap so that he can witness the Arsenal and City games to see what needs to be done? Delaying reaps no rewards!

We may miss out on the famous new manager bounce then something which could end up being vital for us right now considering our position.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I'm not sure. Endless posters last season were saying DS would get until Feb/March regardless of form post Grealish so they were miles out with that. And at least making the change in November meant we were comfortable mid table for pretty much the rest so same principle needs to be made now seeing as we won't be matching DS total of last season unless we beat Arsenal AND Man. City which is a very very remote prospect.

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

Potter isn’t going to come to us.

Given the chance he would. He'd earn 5 times the salary and have a far bigger budget. 

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

This would be far too late and if this is the case he needs removing aswell.

We had a plan of players increasing in value so big assets for villa, Gerrard said " I want winners in my team" and look at what we're producing now utter dire football, and signingnplayer son huge wages.