Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s the biggest problem as I said a few weeks ago, we only seem to play well against the big six and mostly lose.  

We’ve played well this half but given our past we’ll be shit next week against non-six teams.  Why can’t we play better against those teams.  

No point playing well against big teams and taking very little then playing shit against shit teams….same against City as it is today.

We’ve played well, we are still losing!  Just as peeved off as happy with the first half because it’s the same all over again.  You just know Chelsea won’t be as bad second half.  

Can we keep our performance up and get back into it, I hope so but this performance is frustrating given we can do it but don’t against poor teams.

We’re playing well because it’s a free hit. The problem is we’re still behind, haven’t score’s done, unlucky perhaps but no goals. Potter will recognise they have problems and will do something about it at half time. Whereas our manager, we’ll you know…..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

And that is why he still should be sacked, all this shows is the raw materials are there for a proper manager to get firing.

Its not the players! 

By that logic, if we win this and go on a 10-game winning streak Gerard should be sacked.  Brilliant!

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I can only assume you've decided to not read the post I've responded to.

You do you.

I will thanks. I read it. Doesn’t change my response to your post at all. You do you. 

The front line has been lively and look good. Bailey could be a little better but Ings has been very good.

The midfield is still not up to par. Our 5 best chances have come off a bad Chelsea pass, a hopeful long ball, a good pass from Young, another bad Chelsea pass, and a good Ramsey pass. In other words, 1 of 5 was created by midfield.

Double change an admission they’ve been poor, pointing this out doesn’t mean we didn’t play well. Both things can be true.

Little chance we find it anywhere near as easy to get in behind with pace on the break this half though I think. 

• Like 1

That half, for me, is something we know the players can produce. 

It's not because Gerrards a good manager. If we played like this consistently, then it would be because Gerrard is a good manager. But we don't. 

I also think Chelsea have been awful. Some of that's us, a lot of it isn't. 

• Like 1