January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Deloufou isn't a traditional winger. Danjuma isn't a traditional winger. We don't know what type of winger Emery wanted. 

They have pace and attributes to play up front and wide, he talked about different profile of players to the club. If he’s looking for a direct replacement to Buendia then Kang in is the man. 

55 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Deloufou isn't a traditional winger. Danjuma isn't a traditional winger. We don't know what type of winger Emery wanted. 

We don't know anything really, do we.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villaslash said:

Though a lazy relinking of us to Sarr it’s so quiet right now why not.

just mentions we are “keen”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21197792/watford-aston-villa-crystal-palace-ismaila-sarr-transfer/

Aston Villa are keen and Crystal Palacehave been long-term admirers of the Senegal winger, 24 — but that price tag is too high for both.

"Keen" on everybody.

Given what Chelsea are doing (another £100m on Fernandez), we’re going to have to have one hell of a Summer to compete with the big teams. Newcastle will only get stronger, Man Utd looked to have turned a corner and Arsenal are miles ahead of us again. Spurs and Liverpool might be the weakest of the lot but I imagine they’ll strengthen. 

I wonder if they’re gearing up for a complete rebuild in the Summer. 

• Like 4

We have the manager and we have wealth owners. I back them. Not signing someone else would be a shame ,but not the end of the world. It'll be a final chance for those possibly losing their place in the summer to see what they can do with Emery's coaching .

That all said I still feel fairly confident someone will come in, but no surprise if it's late on deadline day. 

10 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

not blaming owners blaming purslow

On what basis?  He seems to be the last person who can be blamed at the moment.  Nothing coming out of the club to suggest that Purslow is acting against the owners and the new manager that the owners have just appointed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Wonder if we might try and get a couple from Chelsea at some point - they've obviously got a ridiculous amount of players and they need to sell some either this window or next. They're overstocked at the back and in midfield (especially if they get Fernandez)

They’ve got a few good players for sure that will be surplus to requirements. 

Just now, villa89 said:

I hear that Chukwuemeka lad they have is decent.

The mad thing is, I think he’d be getting a game here now. Quite regularly actually. He’s gonna have his work cut out trying to get into that Chelsea team next year. 

• Like 1

Genuine question, what do we think we have got off the books wage wise in Jan so far?

guess....

Ings - 125k

Bednarek - 50k?

Guilbert - 40k?

Sanson - 25k? (half of wages or something?)

so maybe something in the region of 250k p/w?