January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I predict two more in.

Dembele seems like he could fit the squad at low cost and still leave scope to go big up front in the summer. 

Guendouzi would be good but I'd happily wait until summer if we need to there as Ramsey / Buendia / McGinn are decent options in the advanced midfielder roles. You could even play Bailey there if Dembele came in (although I personally wouldn't). If we can get him now though happy days. 

Seems like another young talent is possible too. 

Expecting a busy next few days. 

34 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Harrison would be a "competition for places" signing.

We need starters, so no thank you. Decent player though

The thing is we could get non ready players which have the potential and get them to compete in places. But the last thing we need is to get someone who we know their limits just for the sake of rotating or whatever.

I’d be happy with another 2 players such as Osorio and Moleiro (if it’s Guendouzi then much better). Atleast with those they can become something, and use them in the squad immediately aswell.

My last days of the transfer window wish

Guendouzi, or Merino

Moleiro, or Kang-in, Osorio looks good too but I think his family stated yesterday that he' staying in Chile

Luis Henriques, Nico Williams would have been good, but think it's incredibly tough to get Baque players from Bilabo as for them it's like playing for their country, but if we could somehow convince him then even better.

Marcus Thuram, or Moussa Dembele, or Jonathan David would do instead.

It migth be that we end up signing a bunch of players that we haven't been linked with and I'm sure if that happens they will be fine, the above is just based on the links. Could be argued that we need a central defender too, as if one of Konsa or Mings was to get injured we would be looking weak there, maybe pau Torres.

• Like 1

do we ever buy players this close to the end of the window or even on the final day???

other than desperation signings and loans nobody wants, but that era is a long time ago, most transfer deadline days for us are irrelevant in recent years as all business is done at the start of Jan if at all

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

do we ever buy players this close to the end of the window or even on the final day???

other than desperation signings and loans nobody wants, but that era is a long time ago, most transfer deadline days for us are irrelevant in recent years as all business is done at the start of Jan if at all

We have made deadline day deals before, but they've rarely been any good.

But, its fair to say anything we've done in the past is probably irrelevant. The best owners we've had in as long as I can remember finally have the manager they really trust.

Not to mention the fact our manager has publicly stated we want to strengthen since our last signing, rather than like the previous years where we've been very non commital in press conferences.

I'm still hopeful and expecting at least 1.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, useless said:

It migth be that we end up signing a bunch of players that we haven't been linked with and I'm sure if that happens they will be fine, 

I really do think we'll end up with someone we've not been linked with.

For those of us that are that way inclined and consider themselves a secret scout, who is the one player we've not been linked with you think might perfectly suit our needs and be a realistic possible surprise transfer? Is there anyone?

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I really do think we'll end up with someone we've not been linked with.

For those of us that are that way inclined and consider themselves a secret scout, who is the one player we've not been linked with you think might perfectly suit our needs and be a realistic possible surprise transfer? Is there anyone?

I’ve been wondering the same sort of thing… seeing the same names often regurgitated. Namely Guendouzi (who I most want us to sign), then there was Danjuma, Moleiro, Kang-in, Merino, Dembele, David… couple other Villarreal players mentioned too.

Could we be bringing in players that no one has even mentioned or brought up yet? 🤔 

Not a soul predicted or foresaw Ings signing for us when he did…

Difficult to think of any new names tbh…

Just feel like it’s going to be a busy Monday.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Pretty sure Bednarek and Dendoncker came very late in the August window especially given the Luiz to Arsenal link which came in final few days.

41 minutes ago, useless said:

My last days of the transfer window wish

Guendouzi, or Merino

Moleiro, or Kang-in, Osorio looks good too but I think his family stated yesterday that he' staying in Chile

Luis Henriques, Nico Williams would have been good, but think it's incredibly tough to get Baque players from Bilabo as for them it's like playing for their country, but if we could somehow convince him then even better.

Marcus Thuram, or Moussa Dembele, or Jonathan David would do instead.

It migth be that we end up signing a bunch of players that we haven't been linked with and I'm sure if that happens they will be fine, the above is just based on the links. Could be argued that we need a central defender too, as if one of Konsa or Mings was to get injured we would be looking weak there, maybe pau Torres.

Do you think we could go back in for Nico Williams in the summer? I'd love for us to sign him somehow... 

I've no idea, we could try I guess, I think top European clubs tried to sign his older brother but couldn't get him, as as a Basque he's so attached to Bilbao, it might be the same for Nico, as I said for them playing for Bilbao as Basques I think it can be like playing for their country.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure Bednarek and Dendoncker came very late in the August window especially given the Luiz to Arsenal link which came in final few days.

Bednarek was in response to Carlos getting injured, Dendonker was in response to Kamara getting injured (i think) both signings triggered by circumstance.

I think the fact we are letting a fair few players go, means we must be confident of getting a couple in, otherwise we are a couple of injuries from trouble

I wonder if Alex Scott from Bristol City is on our rada? This kid has got serious talent and would definitely be worth a punt at 20mil or so. He's the next Jack Grealish imo....very similar player to Jack... he's going to be a real star in the future I reckon

• Thanks 1