January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m not totally sure they are, but they’re listed on the premier league website under squad information so I assume that’s correct?

Taking the kids out, Steer and Chambers maybe not sticking around, question marks over Cash…we’re closer to the limit than I thought.

Quick check and I’m as sure as I can be that Martinez counts as a home grown player because he started at Arsenal so young.

• Like 1

Thanks @WallisFrizz and @Mark Albrighton.As you’ve both said we’re a bit close to the limit and do it can’t be ignored. I do think that all British players count so that means that. SJM definitely counts, so that helps. Also we’ve lost a few, or at least are trying to lose, some overseas players, I think the club are making sure we’re ahead of any potential problems, if we’ve got more overseas players coming in before Wednesday. Which is possibly another factor in our current activity in the market.  

The non home grown players in our squad are, Olsen, Carlos, Moreno, Digne, Buendia, Luiz, Nakamba, McGInn, Coutinho, Bailey, Dendoncker, and Kamara, that's twelve players, and Nakamba might be leaving too. The limit is no more than seventeen in twenty-five man squad, so we would still be allowed another five non home grown players in our squad.

U21s don't have count towards the twenty-five man squad, and regardless of where they come from don't count towards the home grown rule, so Duran doesn't have to be included in the squad submitted to FA, but can still play and won't be counted as one of our non home grown, Jacob Ramsey wasn't listed as part of the first team squad submitted to the FA for the first half of the season.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Martinez, Steer, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Chambers, Ashley Young, and Watkins are our homegrown players, U21s don't count, McGinn doesn't count as wasn't homegrown through the English FA, Martinez counts as must have been in English FA system three years before his twenty-first birthday.

Also clubs don't actually have to have eight home growns in their squad, the rule is you can have no more than seventeen non home grown players, if a club wants to they could name seventeen non home grown players, and name just three home grown players, you only have to have maximum of eight home growns if you're naming a twenty-five man squad, sometimes teams don't as they can use U21s, who don't count towards first team squad, for first team.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Jesus wept

lxrlw96gluda1.gif

Both are poor in nearly every match they play. At the end of this window, I’m hoping neither are starting as they certainly don’t deserve to. They’re in the side at the moment because there is nobody else to come in. 

As it stands we've only got twenty players over twenty-one,

Steer, Olsen, Martinez, Cash, Carlos, Konsa, Mings, Moreno, Chambers, Ash Young, Dugne, Luiz, McGinn, Buendia, Nakamba, Coutinho, Bailey, Dendoncker, Kamara, Watkins

so we can't name a twenty-five man squad at the moment anyway, and presumably aren't going to sign five players over the age of twenty-one in the next few days, so we won't need eight homegrowns, we could in theory sell Chambers or Steer and still be okay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Both are poor in nearly every match they play. At the end of this window, I’m hoping neither are starting as they certainly don’t deserve to. They’re in the side at the moment because there is nobody else to come in. 

You're either trolling or have a strong hate against them 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

In most of the areas Buendia gets criticism, Harrison isn't any better. He loses the ball more than Buendia and his passing is worse.  Defensively they're on par but Harrison has 8 more goals than Emi in roughly the same amount of top flight games. If we want to improve then he's defo not the kind of player we need. 

Edited by The Other Mat

29 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Harrison would be a "competition for places" signing.

We need starters, so no thank you. Decent player though

Harrison is as good as an on form McGinn, no better. I know he’s probably more consistent but I can’t see us prioritising any ‘squad signings’ right now.