January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

That’s two players… in a squad which largely failed! Plus we have seen Carlos, what, for two games?… we don’t know how he is going to work out yet.. 

Be a part of the solution and not the problem. Constantly whining and complaining isn’t a good look.

Kamara alone made the summer an amazing window. If we don’t buy anyone it’s because our manager and other staff have decided the cost isn’t right for the players available. We have a real back room now. Have some faith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Be a part of the solution and not the problem. Constantly whining and complaining isn’t a good look.

Kamara alone made the summer an amazing window. If we don’t buy anyone it’s because our manager and other staff have decided the cost isn’t right for the players available. We have a real back room now. Have some faith.

I think people have missed the point of my first post as per. I said we are likely to have tried for the right players but haven’t been able to get them in - which in my opinion is disappointing. Unfortunately many of you see “we aren’t signing anyone” and start having a massive meltdown and try to make others out to be the enemy of Aston Villa. 

Read the posts, and understand them, people! 

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The quality of Kamara and you use a word like "horrendous"?

Oh lord it’s worse than I thought… 

Ok fine it was the best transfer window ever. No other window can compare to its greatness. We are now a successful team and flying high, and haven’t had to sack a manager and change things again. 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Nico Williams on the score sheet again for Athletic Club. Would be great if we could get him.

Leon Bailey type finish. Scores and waves possibly goodbye to the athletic fans. Body language looks like it's his last game. 

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Nico Williams on the score sheet again for Athletic Club. Would be great if we could get him.

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We couldn’t. 

Yeah after watching Neil's breakdown.

Apparently " Basque" clubs an dplayers kind of have their own loyalties, so leaving mid season is probably a no goer.

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

This window has become incredibly boring and frustrating at the same time.  It's a weird combo of emotions because while it's boring, I check my feed far more often and while it's frustrating, if we dont do anything then while the squad is short, it's not a massive deal but still this window feels boring and frustrating.

I seem to remember people saying the same thing in the summer...we signed 2 players early, nothing happened for about 3 months, and then we signed people on the last day or two. Early or late, nothing in between. Maybe this will be a repeat.

• Like 1