January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I genuinely feel so excited, and what a turnaround from the dross and misery under the previous incumbent.

We needed a shakeup and someone good enough to do it, the appointment of Emery is better than we could ever have expected. What a coup for us, if we can’t kick on and become a formidable side under his leadership (and these owners)… then will we ever? 😆

I’m glad Nassef stepped in, it was needed. Thanks for bringing in a proper manager!

It’ll happen, it’s a process, but it will take time. We will be competitive. Let’s try to enjoy it 😆

I agree with your optimism. Pochettino was their first choice. I'm glad he dilly-dallied and Sawiris said "See ya, I want someone who is excited about the job."

• Like 1

I think there’s only so much of the controlled chaos of the January window that the squad can handle from week to week and also keep a focus on the next match.

I guess I had this sort of magical-thinking idea that they would get someone in to replace Ings before Southampton, but when I think about it, how on earth would they ever get all the logistics and just basic blandishments and possible visa stuff arranged that’s necessary for a functional, happy transfer without causing a big distraction, too?

Still lots of window days open. If we can’t beat Soton without Ings, that will suck, but it would be useful information, too? I imagine that Emery realised how late in the week we were getting, and just said, hey, it’s time to focus on this next match and come back to the big transfer questions afterwards. How does an 11th hour transfer help us in terms of the big picture if it unsettles the squad and distracts everybody? Anyhow, that’s what I have been thinking.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

This is the way it always was. Chelsea were in our pond too for a long while. We are hot on the tail of Spurs at the moment, Everton have missed out, they had their chance and blew it, there is a lesson to be learned there too.

I wouldn't say we are on the tail of any of the top 6.

Lets see how the second half of the season pans out and what happens in the summer before making statements like that :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn't say we are on the tail of any of the top 6.

Lets see how the second half of the season pans out and what happens in the summer before making statements like that :D

Not this season. I am referring to Spurs having had their moment in the sun (Stadium, Poch & Champions League Final) however it’s been down hill ever since and their Crown Jewels also going or gone. We are very much on the up, a decent baseline of talent, heavy investment and full commitment from the owners backing their Manager. I am not sure any Spurs Manager has been absolutely backed for success? Everton also had their chance - massive player investment, appointment of Ancelotti, but now its player sales and the rug very much pulled from under the project.

Edited by thunderball

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

Arsenal signed a highly rated polish CB today for 20 mil. 
We're been left in dust transfer wise. 

Thankfully we have Emery. Bet it reminds of his time at Valencia where they had no money. 

chatting absolute sh*t. he hasn't even been here for a season and its not even the end of the transfer window (the very overpriced window might I add)

the drama and flip flop posting is rather tiresome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

🤣I speak with facts and wisdom. Unlike you two I will come with constructive points to back up what I've said. 

Facts are:
Palace, Everton, Fulham, Brentford, Southampton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle , West Ham, Man United, Chelsea All spent more than Villa in the Summer Transfer Window. 
Leicester, West Ham, Leeds, Arsenal, Nottingham Forrest, Liverpool, Wolves, Southampton, Chelsea so far have all spend more than Villa in the Current Winter Transfer Window.

Emery clearly stated with his own words we need to sell Sanson and Nakamba if we wanna buy a midfielder.  Sell to buy.
We're looking at the bargain basket with Dembele

Our nearest rivals Chelsea (10th position) have spent £470Million on new signings. Our closest locally PL team Wolves are outspending us.
Its a fact our spending has massively dropped off the last 3 seasons.
Like I said Emery is the best manager to have when you don't have the money to compete with the rest, he did great work at Villarreal and Valencia.

*Drops the Mic*

SG wasn't heavily backed in the summer because the writing was on the wall fact.

Emery is still new to the club and needs time before making major changes.

The reason we need to get rid of 2 to bring 1 in is because of our poor incoming revenue, coupled with a crippling wage bill, means for FFP we need to get wages off the book, nothing to do with transfer budget.

• Like 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

SG wasn't heavily backed in the summer because the writing was on the wall fact.

Emery is still new to the club and needs time before making major changes.

The reason we need to get rid of 2 to bring 1 in is because of our poor incoming revenue, coupled with a crippling wage bill, means for FFP we need to get wages off the book, nothing to do with transfer budget.

But but but, Chelsea are apparently our direct rivals… 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

1) SG wasn't heavily backed in the summer because the writing was on the wall 

2) Emery is still new to the club and needs time before making major changes.

3)The reason we need to get rid of 2 to bring 1 in is because of our poor incoming revenue, coupled with a crippling wage bill, means for FFP we need to get wages off the book, nothing to do with transfer budget.

1) Oh yeah you're so right!, writing was so on the wall we gave him 12 games of the season 
2) Oh yeah agreed he needs time without no money to spend so he can just magically improve the team. 
3) Yeah lets put the Leicester game up to £50 a ticket that should sort it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wouldn’t bother me one bit if we didn’t ‘replace’ Ings until the summer. Watkins has a really good injury record (he’s fit for tomorrow) and Ings only really plays when he’s not fit. He was a decent enough option but he was always playing second fiddle.

I don’t think a proper “replacement” or like-for-like player is necessary or essential but I do hope we bring in some attacking reinforcements, even just one quality player like a “wide forward” etc. to aid us in terms of being more potent, dangerous and clinical. We can still achieve something this season and some added quality will give Unai a hand…

29 minutes ago, messi11 said:

🤣I speak with facts and wisdom. Unlike you two I will come with constructive points to back up what I've said. 

Facts are:
Palace, Everton, Fulham, Brentford, Southampton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle , West Ham, Man United, Chelsea All spent more than Villa in the Summer Transfer Window. 
Leicester, West Ham, Leeds, Arsenal, Nottingham Forrest, Liverpool, Wolves, Southampton, Chelsea so far have all spend more than Villa in the Current Winter Transfer Window.

Emery clearly stated with his own words we need to sell Sanson and Nakamba if we wanna buy a midfielder.  Sell to buy.

Our nearest rivals Chelsea (10th position) have spent £470Million on new signings. Our closest locally PL team Wolves are outspending us.
Like I said Emery is the best manager to have when you don't have the money to compete with the rest, he did great work at Villarreal and Valencia.

*Drops the Mic*

Couldn’t shifting Nakamba or Sanson not just be related to freeing up squad space and nothing to do with needed money.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Facts are:

*Drops the Mic*

You’re really willing to die on this hill aren’t you? 🤣

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Facts are:

*Drops the Mic*

Amazing 😂 never stop. It’s too good. 

• Like 1

I believe messi11 is a comedic genius and his ways are beyond our comprehension 🤣

I’ve never known a guy to flip flop on opinions so often but he really is hilarious!

You do you!

This is not a criticism or attack 🤣

• Thanks 1