January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Just now, duke313 said:

Lyric was right 🤣

We're shopping in the bargain isle rather than shattering our record transfer fee. Other teams like Leeds, Brentford, Nottingham Forest, West Ham are spending more than us.

• Haha 1

It’s not sustainable. We can spend on players that improve the team significantly but not many viable targets are available , would you have preferred Bissouma for £20m or Kamara on a free? I’m glad we didn’t waste to much under Gerrard.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Our attempts at signing Merino doesn’t appease you? 

It was just paper talk. We didn't sign him. I wanna see results. 

Emery said we need to sell before we buy. We need sell Nakamba and Sanson if we are to buy a new midfielder. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because they both played for Celtic ?

Not necessarily, just that edouard was very good at celtic but has hardly done a great deal in the prem. Makes me wonder if Dembele would be similar (fulham experience apart) and that the quality of opposition in France is typically not as strong as in the prem so would suit him more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

It was just paper talk. We didn't sign him. I wanna see results. 

Emery said we need to sell before we buy. We need sell Nakamba and Sanson if we are to buy a new midfielder. 

I think it's just the wage budget that needs brought down, we can't keep players like Nakamba and Sanson on the payroll that aren't playing.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Don't mean to be negative and spoilt my positivity streak but gotta keep it real. Where's our money gone? Are we broke?

We've spent £15 million net in the last 4 transfer windows which is piss poor. We deserve better.

I think the owners are doing what they said they wanted to do in the first place and making us sustainable and also keeping us within the stupid FFP regulations.  I believe they will spend big when they want/need to, but credit to them and Purslow for doing some very good deals to keep a sustainable wage/transfer fee in place (ie Chukwuemeka, Ings, Grealish sales and long term deals for the likes of Dougie, Emi).  Over time, with the correct management the club position/profile will improve and we'll be generating more revenue as a result which should lead to more money for players. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Yeah its a case of emery getting it right, sawiris is not messing around so we need to be on the ball (no pun intended) in this phase of our recruitment, we also need to not be battling with the likes of Southamptons, west hams and evertons for players , because if those teams are confident getting these names then they cant be of that quality we need to propel us, we should be linked with players that were looked at by a chelsea or a arsenal similar to how Duràn was.

So hoping we can sign that Dario Osorio fella MEGA impressed by the talent and potential he has and working under Emery would be phenomenal 

depepends if is backed

28 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Not necessarily, just that edouard was very good at celtic but has hardly done a great deal in the prem. Makes me wonder if Dembele would be similar (fulham experience apart) and that the quality of opposition in France is typically not as strong as in the prem so would suit him more.

True but Dembele has scored goals in France and champs league. I think he is more proven then Edourad ever was.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

"Sell to buy" is always a tough sell (ahem) to Villa fans because it is a reminder of harder times.

In the present day I suspect it is all about FFP rules and making room in the maximum budget. The money itself is undoubtedly available.

No way Emery comes here if we have no money and is sell to buy.  We just need to trim some of the deadwood.

38 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

I think the owners are doing what they said they wanted to do in the first place and making us sustainable and also keeping us within the stupid FFP regulations.  I believe they will spend big when they want/need to, but credit to them and Purslow for doing some very good deals to keep a sustainable wage/transfer fee in place (ie Chukwuemeka, Ings, Grealish sales and long term deals for the likes of Dougie, Emi).  Over time, with the correct management the club position/profile will improve and we'll be generating more revenue as a result which should lead to more money for players. 

It seems only Villa care about FFP then. Our nearest rivals (Chelsea) have spent 500Million so far 

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

No way Emery comes here if we have no money and is sell to buy.  We just need to trim some of the deadwood.

A good salesman can sell anything. Maybe Emery got sold a dream.