January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

You are right none of it matters, because we are going to sign someone. 

But the objective of any system is to score goals, no? 

Anyway, enough, lets be optimistic. It's going to be fine, we're going to pick up someone shortly as a replacement. 

Well not really, it's to win games/score more than your opponent rather than score as many as possible at all costs. 

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Anyone who thinks we are done in the window is only reading into Unai’s comments for a negative. It’s very clear we remain active and looking for the right players, whilst moving on those who don’t fit. 

Sounds like the summer all over again when people were saying that through July and August and we ended up on deadline day with Bednarek and Dendoncker 😂.  

I trust Emery but a lot of the recruitment process after players are identified are Lange and Purslow which doesn’t inspire me…as Emery said he goes into Lange’s office very demanding every day, so Lange is the one that delivers/manages the process of getting the players that Emery has identified.  

Just hope Emery and us aren’t disappointed with Lange and co work on Feb 1st in hindsight.

Edited by nick76

With the links to Guendouzi do we think he’s the only CM we’re after or does Emery’s comments about Nakamba and Sanson mean it might be Guendouzi and another CM?

Probably wishful thinking on my part 

45 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Ok, serious questions, say we buy nobody, and in the first game after the window shuts, Ollie gets a season ending injury. Not entirely unwarranted, probably unlikely but it definitely could happen. It's a measurable risk. 

1.) Assuming we then play Jhon up front for the remainder of the season how many goals do we think he will score.

2.) Where will we finish in the league.

Selling Danny was probably shrewd in terms of economic business, but damn it comes with a risk. 

Except it doesn't because we will sign someone. 

I don't think signing players based on unrealistic worst case scenarios is the way to progress. 

You could say the same about if Martinez got a season ending injury, but no one is worrying about replacing Olsen right now. 

2 minutes ago, Wes said:
8 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Damn. I just need to see Wes in a Villa shirt one last time.

Excuse me? When was the first time?!

He’s been stalking you 😂 even has you as his phone wallpaper 😳

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, burchy said:

With the links to Guendouzi do we think he’s the only CM we’re after or does Emery’s comments about Nakamba and Sanson mean it might be Guendouzi and another CM?

Probably wishful thinking on my part 

I don't think we need two to replace them, just one real good player. Guendouzi would be great.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think signing players based on unrealistic worst case scenarios is the way to progress. 

You could say the same about if Martinez got a season ending injury, but no one is worrying about replacing Olsen right now. 

It really isn't that unrealistic. We have such an injury precedent in Wes.  The point was not about any upcoming signing, the point was that selling Ings has caused the need for us to buy.... you know what let's leave it, because as I mentioned, and this is only more obvious after Unai's comments, we will be signing more folk. 

So basically we may sign a striker now but it's less likely as that player is not available now. We will have to make do and cope without Watkins if he gets hurt. Duran was not bought to go straight into the first team.

Better hope Watkins stays fit then!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

So basically we may sign a striker now but it's less likely as that player is not available now. We will have to make do and cope without Watkins if he gets hurt. Duran was not bought to go straight into the first team.

Better hope Watkins stays fit then!

And Bailey, he’s probably due a 6 week injury

• Sad 1