January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I’d welcome players that can bring us goals… we aren’t great at finishing chances but will hopefully become more creative and better on the ball going forwards… I think Unai has worked on and prioritised our shape and defensive resilience & organisation, the next step is to make us better in possession and he’s acknowledged or mentioned this himself. We need to have more control and become more imposing and dangerous.

Edited by Jas10

30 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still think Danjuma is off to Bournemouth. I’m not against him on loan, I just think we have other targets.  

Agreed, flying over to discuss with different clubs doesn't smack of Emery wants him and we've agreed a deal type situation 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Agreed, flying over to discuss with different clubs doesn't smack of Emery wants him and we've agreed a deal type situation 

Looks like Everton are interested also. I just don’t see us being interested unless it’s a last resort and a loan only which wouldn’t make sense either. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Looks like Everton are interested also. I just don’t see us being interested unless it’s a last resort and a loan only which wouldn’t make sense either. 

If we were interested it would be a done deal. Danjuma would be like, I'm going to Villa and Emery. I think either he's on our list but not top of it so he wants to wait to see if we don't land our top target. Or he's not on our list 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Who's the last winger we're linked to then. Lee Kang-In ?

So far this January:

• Lee Kang-In - Mallorca
  • Samuel Chukwueze - Villareal 
  • Ismaila Sarr - Watford
  • Alberto Moleiro - Las Palmas

And to a lesser extent (i.e. only twitter sourced as far as I can tell):

• Luiz Henrique - Real Betis
  • Dario Osorio - Club Universidad de Chile
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wes said:

So far this January:

• Lee Kang-In - Mallorca
  • Ismaila Sarr - Watford

I don’t remember seeing any credible links to Chukwueze, other than Emery managed Villarreal so we might sign a Villarreal player, I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We have many players with undoubted ability, its only part of the equation.

players coming in with ability alone, and not much else, are just the same as we already have.....we need heart, fight and the "eye of the tiger" to accompany that ability.

We could clearly see it in some of the Leeds players.....we need a bit of that, to go with our other attributes.

Really not sure that I would be looking to sign (m)any of the Leeds players.  There is a reason why they have won so few matches in the last 12 months.

15 minutes ago, Wes said:

So far this January:

• Lee Kang-In - Mallorca
  • Ismaila Sarr - Watford

I really hope Kang-In happens.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Sounds like some of the ones, we have just worked hard to get rid of....but I have never studied the player.

If we are looking at wingers, ones like Gnonto, who are durable and up for it....is what we want, not show ponies.

Wingers are notoriously inconsistent,by definition,  so we need ones who are not deemed passengers for large portions of the game.....They need presence, and an ability to be a nuisance......a young fit, Snodgrass.

no more lightweights, plllllllleeeeaaaasssseeeeeeeeeeeee.

Gnonto was bullied so badly by Ashley the other night I almost felt sorry for the kid.  And Ashley is hardly a hard nut.