January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

6 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Citation Biz jet left BHX yesterday to Marseille. It returns tomorrow night at 21.20. It is owned by the same company

that Villa used to bring Moreno from Seville airport last week. Interesting to see if it is indeed football related and

who is onboard!!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886s5cmcurfe5ywd54yii

😅

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Citation Biz jet left BHX yesterday to Marseille. It returns tomorrow night at 21.20. It is owned by the same company

that Villa used to bring Moreno from Seville airport last week. Interesting to see if it is indeed football related and

who is onboard!!

Long way for Mbappe to drive to Marseille to be picked up…

Seriously, good scouting there mate…if it is for Guendouzi then serious credit to you.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I thought they gave a decent account of themselves. Davies is very good. 

They were decent against Belgium I thought but then again look at Belgium in the end. Davies is world class but he’s a Bayern player. Being a striker is more difficult in a team like Canada. I wouldn’t write him off based on the WC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Ok, so what? He is still 37 he isn't a solution to anything but squad filling.

Well, squads do need to be filled. It's nice to have reliable depth in the squad like Ashley who has done a phenomenal job in this role since his return. 

• Like 1

Hope we splash the cash and get some more deals done/started this week. Help Emery out by bringing in some genuine quality that can give us a boost then maybe have more of an “overhaul” in the summer in terms of selling players and replacing them with better… we have a chance at finishing in that top half, let’s keep going and make the most out of the rest of the season… otherwise, a few injuries to our more important players and we would start to struggle imo. I don’t think we have a great squad or many good options…

It’d be great to go into next season with some genuine momentum and optimism. And make ourselves a more attractive proposition to future transfer targets…

Guendouzi would be a top signing and maybe be a factor in persuading Thuram to join…?

I presume Kamara & Guendouzi would enjoy playing together again too…

I’m not a massive fan of Ings (doesn’t suit us) but there’s absolutely no point or reason in selling him unless we are bringing in an upgrade/replacement… why weaken ourselves and potentially strengthen another team in this league? We struggle to score goals as it is… I think if we improve on our attacking play and control of possession, then either CF will score more goals anyway…

wonder how injured Watkins is…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

who is onboard!!

I thought Citation Biz was the name of our next signing lol, was about to go on YouTube for some highlight reels 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Well, squads do need to be filled. It's nice to have reliable depth in the squad like Ashley who has done a phenomenal job in this role since his return. 

Well...

You don't need him on the left as we have two quality options.

We have Cash on the right and I assume we will have KKH next year.

If we want him to stick around for injuries and influence then fine but if he is here to play a serious role we should be entering into the market for a solution.

36 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If he keeps playing as he is he’ll continue to be more than a squad filler.  Silva is 38 and still playing well for Chelsea and Young is playing really well for us and his experience and leadership skills are invaluable.  We dont have many options for right back and aren’t being linked with anybody and so far Emery trusts Young and it’s fully deserved by his performances.  So? It’s a big deal!  If he doesn’t play many games then his experience and leadership will be a real asset in the dressing room and will be great to bring on late in games when it’s tight and/or we need some calm in games.

Well that is this season with options this extension is post the summer window. Silva may be playing well at 38 but Chelsea have like 5 other quality centre backs for when father time gets him.

I addressed the rest in my other reply above

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Well that is this season with options this extension is post the summer window. Silva may be playing well at 38 but Chelsea have like 5 other quality centre backs for when father time gets him.

I addressed the rest in my other reply above

Ok, well it’s all about opinions and all that matters is Emery’s who seems to have massive confidence in him at the moment and while he continues to play well the confidence is well placed.  As for next season, let’s see.  He deserves the extension because he’s earned it and doesn’t look to be fading.  Cash and KKH have a fight on their hands for that spot.  You may disagree but Emery seems comfortable and that may only last a bit longer but could extend into next season as who knows when Father Time will hit Young, it’s not there yet.