January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Danjuma looks to be off this window. Anyone know anything about him? 

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

just listened to Villa View (Dan Bardell), and he said he had "heard" we were in for Danjuma.

Not sure what "heard" means, or whether it has any validity, but he said it all the same.

Danjuma joined Bournemouth in their last PL season (2019/20), for 15m from Club Brugge, but rarely player as he was injured.

Was fit for their Championship season when they got promoted (20/21), he scored 15 goals, got 7 assists in 33 games.

Moved to Villerreal for 22m ish in the summer of '21, scored 16 goals and got 4 assists in 34 games.

Did an interview 4-6 months ago where he talked about Emery, saying he is an amazing coach who took him to the next level, he waxed lyrical about Emery in terms of his technical/tactical knowledge and ability, he said he liked emery as his tactics were so elite, and he knew that if the players followed Emery's tactics to a tee, they had a chance of beating anyone.

He is a very fast player, fairly skilful but a bit jinky imo (if that makes sense), ie: rather than gliding past players he tends to jink at 45 degree angles and bursts past players etc, he is basically a wide player/winger/inside forward who Emery converted in to a striker for Villerreal, i think Danjuma played the shadow striker role for Villerreal (ie: where Bailey has been playing recently).

tbh, he could play as striker, shadow striker, left or right winger, quite versatile.

i dunno if he is PL quality, he could be for sure, or maybe not....who knows :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He plays in the same position we currently use Bailey, but on the left. 

He’s essentially playing as a second striker who drifts between CF and LW which allows an attacking LB the space to get forward. 

very good player. Would compliment Moreno perfectly and is a much better finisher than Bailey. 

13 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Anyone checked the the Fig and Olive tonight to see if there any footballers in there?

I’m here now so just having a quick whip round… doesn’t look to be.. 

Wait a second…….

…Nah it’s just some guy that looks like Jacob Rees-Mogg . Got excited then for a moment. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

not that he would be interested in us, but I wonder if Nicolò Barella is going to leave Inter. 

If there's any remote chance of that happening, I would love to see it, but I think that is unrealistic. 

He is one of the best midfielders in the world, we sadly have zero chance of signing him

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

he did crap in the Premier League last time around, had one good season at Villarreal but seems to have reverted back to his previous form this season

Deulofeu is the better option