January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yet another ludicrously dishonest transfer-related headline from Reach plc. The headline clearly asserts that the owners have actually sent a "warning" of some sort to Emery about transfers following the cup exit. But the non-story story on another media source merely quotes Nigel Reo-Coker apparently speculating that such a warning would be understandable -- and that link doesn't work, anyway, so what does it matter? It's despicable Villa journalism. I don't see how a respectable writer like John Townley can allow his name to be associated with this kind of CTR-driven deception. Why don't reporters such as Townley speak up about this? I don't get that. It could be Townley himself headlining his posts, but it's likely a digital sub-editor, I would guess. Either way, it's unacceptable. It muddies the news landscape and fails the community.  

Any time you see the phrase "demand sent" in a Birmingham Mail or any other of these clickbait sites it means some former player and wanna-be pundit has made some speculative comment for a few quid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I went to work for a bit, I see Matt Cash is off to Chelsea according to a tweet, what else have I missed today?

nadine dorries took the piss out of a dude for only having 15 twitter followers so over 27k+ people now follow him

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’ve not been a McGinn hater like many on here, I think he’s been underwhelming like many under Gerrard.  Saying that, while I think he’s been a bit better under Emery and that pass for Luiz goal was great I don’t think he’s been excellent at all.  I think he’s been one of the weaker parts of the team but have appreciated his effort.

In terms of individual talent, he is not one of the more technical sort......but in terms of his character, and determination on the pitch, he presence is missed.....his desire to go after opposition players, plays a part, not as good as he used to be in terms of consistency, but nevertheless, we miss his desire and will to win....could do with another, with his fire in the belly.

Not the best footballer we have.......but, we we miss a few like him, in the squad.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Ramsey? Iroegbunam? Luiz? Carlos? 

the poster said yesterday that Luiz & Ramsey should be sold as they are not good enough and should be sold

On 08/01/2023 at 14:47, striker said:

Have been saying it for quite some time now that Villa’s midfield is absolute trash!! Luiz, McGinn, Donk, Sanson, Ramsey (when fit) all need moved on at the earliest opportunity! Only current midfielder I’d keep is Kamara!

Being both an Everton & now more so a Villa supporter it’s been a tough watch recently but I’m not even angry at such a performance today. With the current Villa squad I expected it!

5 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

AWB on loan? Only suggesting as Unai likes that defensive right back. 

I don't think it would be a popular move, but I don't think it'd be a bad one, either. However, I don't think you can just bring in AWB. You'd have to bring in a considerable upgrade over Bailey on the right or opponents won't even worry about defending that side.