January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Stretford took the photo, so he could leak the photo because Maguire wants the move because Villa are massive 😉😂

Either that or it’s more ITK b/s - I know what I believe.

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Either that or it’s more ITK b/s - I know what I believe.

It’s hard to deny he was in the Fig and Olive in Tamworth but the question is why? It’s nowhere near where he comes from or lives but that doesn’t mean it’s anything to do with Villa either. 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

It’s hard to deny he was in the Fig and Olive in Tamworth but the question is why? It’s nowhere near where he comes from or lives but that doesn’t mean it’s anything to do with Villa either. 

Back to Leicester?

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Round of golf at the Belfry most likely.

Maguire is not better than Mings ffs. Jeez Louise. Let's be sensible.

Maybe he's better than Konsa? Maybe.

If he wants to come and sit on the bench behind Mings and Carlos for half his wages, he might be a good signing.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I can deny it. It's a bloke who very slightly resembles HM out for a pint with his work colleagues or something. 

• Confused 1

OK, my honest thoughts on Maguire. He gets a lot of criticism, memes etc, but it's hard from my perspective to tell how justifiable this is because a) I super duper don't watch United. and b) I have watched England lots over the last few years and he's always seemed good. Steps forward with the ball in a way that always contributed to the England system. I've seen a few games when him coming on has transformed our play.

That said he comes with a lot of baggage and negative publicity that we could probably do without. 

On balance it's a reluctant no for me. But if he did come, I would be behind him (Kenneth not intended).

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

OK, my honest thoughts on Maguire. He gets a lot of criticism, memes etc, but it's hard from my perspective to tell how justifiable this is because a) I super duper don't watch United. and b) I have watched England lots over the last few years and he's always seemed good. Steps forward with the ball in a way that always contributed to the England system. I've seen a few games when him coming on has transformed our play.

That said he comes with a lot of baggage and negative publicity that we could probably do without. 

On balance it's a reluctant no for me. But if he did come, I would be behind him (Kenneth not intended).

Mind you we've had a Man U cast off defender before and it worked out quite well if I recall (Praise be to Him)

Some people on here 🤦‍♂️. He’s clearly better than what we have in mings and konsa. I can’t say if he’s better than Carlos because he hasn’t played enough games to make that assessment.

Wages are a concern for me and I can’t imagine this is a permanent signing. It’ll be on loan with united paying a large portion of his wage for maybe 6 months while maguire gets to put himself in the shop window for the summer. How can we lose if that’s the case?

People need to get a grip of themselves.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

If Crystal Palace want Ings, then include Eze in a deal. 

I wouldn't mind that, he's a cracking player, but 0.0% chance I think.

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Some people on here 🤦‍♂️. He’s clearly better than what we have in mings and konsa. I can’t say if he’s better than Carlos because he hasn’t played enough games to make that assessment.

Wages are a concern for me and I can’t imagine this is a permanent signing. It’ll be on loan with united paying a large portion of his wage for maybe 6 months while maguire gets to put himself in the shop window for the summer. How can we lose if that’s the case?

People need to get a grip of themselves.

That's a fair point with the loan stuff. I could go with loan and option.

29 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I can deny it. It's a bloke who very slightly resembles HM out for a pint with his work colleagues or something. 

Sure, like the MAGA folks who deny Trump lost the election.

The one plus about Maguire is that he’s genuinely good at carrying the ball from defence. Arguably one of the best defenders in the league for that.

However, he’s poor positionally and mentally weak at the moment so it should be a hard pass. 

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The one plus about Maguire is that he’s genuinely good at carrying the ball from defence. Arguably one of the best defenders in the league for that.

However, he’s poor positionally and mentally weak at the moment so it should be a hard pass. 

I would argue the opposite.  

• Like 2