January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Yeah i think you have a strong case for that, i generally believe they're on par and the reason i say Mings would be the one replaced is because DC plays on the same side…cant see either starting by next year. Konsa is by no means superior or performing much better than mings, it comes down to this konsa is more consistent but Mings is a much better defender who will have a really bad game here and then which makes it look like hes the worst out the two, konsa makes less mistakes but not better especially positionally. @duke313 @JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Edited by RicRic

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah i think you have a strong case for that, i generally believe they're on par and the reason i say Mings would be the one replaced is because DC plays on the same side…cant see either starting by next year. Konsa is by no means superior or performing much better than mings, it comes down to this konsa is more consistent but Mings is a much better defender who will have a really bad game here and then which makes it look like hes the worst out the two, konsa makes less mistakes but not better especially positionally. @duke313 @JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Carlos is actually right footed though, he only played on the left at Sevilla because of Kounde.  He can play left or right which is great.  My preference would be Mings left and Carlos right.

Konsa is too cautious, he would never have played that ball Mings did for Ings goal the other night.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Something tells me Digne is off if we get Moreno, or we are going to end up with a more expensive left sided Guilbert.

I bloody hope not, I always felt that we didnt really give Freddie a chance, some say that with Sanson but i feel Sanson had enough to showcase and was unable to meet the standards simple as that, we need to make smart signings now its crucial we get it right to close the gap 

Just now, duke313 said:

Carlos is actually right footed though, he only played on the left at Sevilla because of Kounde.  He can play left or right which is great.  My preference would be Mings left and Carlos right.

Konsa is too cautious, he would never have played that ball Mings did for Ings goal the other night.  

In which case it can go either way id assume konsa and mings will be rotated every couple of games then unless one is really performing incredibly well to keep the other out for a lengthy time period. 

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So we should sell Watkins then?

I don’t think whatever that we should sell Ings, he’s the only finisher we have in the squad so that isn’t a good idea.  I don’t think we should sell Ollie unless a huge offer came in.  We should buy a new main striker because Ollie isn’t going to get us the goals.  

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd love us to move Ings on and bring a new striker in. I don't mind Ings, I don't Watkins, I just know we're never going to improve if we don't get better. Ings is a good footballer but he is on massive wages, only getting older and isn't as mobile as he should be given the money he costs us. 

I'd agree with the sentiment -- provided this is during the summer. If we sell him in this January window, I think that would be madness tbh. He's proven at this level and that's hard to replace in the mid season window. 

All goes out the window, though, if a team like Everton come in with a silly bid (like 30 million) when I think that changes things,

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure why Ming's keeps getting mentioned as " needing " to be shifted.

Least of our priorities and one of our best players and characters imo

Spot on JV.

I just don't understand the amount of criticism he gets. 

• Like 2

So, going by Percy's article.  Emery wants 3 players in January:

• LB - Alex Moreno
  • RW/LW - Sarr? Deoulofeu?
  • ST - ??

The fact these journos have all tweeted at practically the same time, means something must be imminent. 

Edited by duke313

52 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Something niggles me with Sarr. Not sold on him.

I'd love Deulofeu and Moreno.

I'd like someone else for up front though.

I’m kind of the same in that he looks brilliant every time (admittedly only a few times) I’ve saw him, but as I said earlier in the thread, I do wonder why no one has taken a punt on him given he’s now been relegated with Watford twice. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I've been backing him but he's looking a farce ATM based on reports and Emery words.

I was with you in thinking he was probably legit. Got too much too early to be completely making it all up. Most of the Fake ITK are just all over the place and instantly look ropey because their guesses quickly blast up against reality. This one was clearly getting something from somewhere. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he got fed this line of no "ins" to smoke him out. 

He might have got the Rebekah Vardy treatment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So, going by Percy's article.  Emery wants 3 players in January:

• LB - Alex Moreno
  • RW/LW - Sarr? Deoulofeu?
  • ST - ??

The reports on McKennie seem to actuallly have some weight to them which would suggest a midfielder more so than a striker but who knows.

Unless we really really execute a magical deal for a striker which shows real intent id rather hold off until the summer, bring in a winger and work with what we got until then that should be the masterplan.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

The reports on McKennie seem to actuallly have some weight to them which would suggest a midfielder more so than a striker but who knows.

The article doesn't mention McKennie, so not sure any links can be relied upon and probably just his agent sending smoke signals.

In the article Emery specifically mentions a striker.

Cameron Archer is set to join Middlesbrough on loan and Emery has admitted that another forward could be signed.
“We are trying to add some different characteristics of the players to introduce into the squad,” he said.
“We now have two strikers in [Ollie] Watkins and Danny Ings who are specifically strikers. If we will add someone, they will be different as a characteristic, as a player."

1 minute ago, useless said:

I wish people would shut up about this blasted 'lyric', the only lyric I need is 'Snow had fallen, Snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the bleak midwinter, Long ago'.

On a transfer thread, a Twitter user who tweets transfer info, I think you are going to be very disappointed then.  Some think he’s ITK, others don’t so he’ll be discussed more on here as time goes by so you’ll have to get used to it.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The article doesn't mention McKennie, so not sure any links can be relied upon and probably just his agent sending smoke signals.

In the article Emery specifically mentions a striker.

Cameron Archer is set to join Middlesbrough on loan and Emery has admitted that another forward could be signed.
“We are trying to add some different characteristics of the players to introduce into the squad,” he said.
“We now have two strikers in [Ollie] Watkins and Danny Ings who are specifically strikers. If we will add someone, they will be different as a characteristic, as a player."

Probably a player like Danjuma, not specifically him though.

Talking of different characteristics.....I would love us to be more of a threat in the air and to see more pace as others have already mentioned.  Watkins is good at the press and the physical side of the game, Ings is our best finisher but I would love to see us score from crosses with headers much more than we do. As for pace we must do better than seeing our striker outpaced by central defenders as was the case against Wolves.

• Like 1