January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We'll sign nobody for central midfield 

We will? We have Luiz, Kamara, Dendoncker, McGinn, Ramsey, Sanson and Nakamba that can all play there and we are only really playing 2 in the middle now

50 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Multimillionaire owners and about to announce a profit in the PL era for the first time. Yeah we’re extremely low on funds. These people need putting in the corner of a dark room and keeping away from anything stronger than Tango. 

Prime?

51 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Multimillionaire owners and about to announce a profit in the PL era for the first time. Yeah we’re extremely low on funds. These people need putting in the corner of a dark room and keeping away from anything stronger than Tango. 

Multibillionaire 😎

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Please sign  couple of big tall nasty brutes for that central midfield area and not yet again midget players.

We need at least two players above 5.3 on the Elphick scale

• Like 1

I think in the system being used currently Bailey is the only player that has the pace and dribbling ability to fulfill his role, so even if it's not specifically Deulofeu or Sarr I think we'll see a player in that mould come in as they're generally players Emery likes that we sorely lack. Plus you'll be able to fit more than one in the starting XI so it's not as though it's a case of one or the other.

Deulofeu is rapid and it can't really he debated that he doesn't make things happen. 

Screenshot_20221231_130242_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We will? We have Luiz, Kamara, Dendoncker, McGinn, Ramsey, Sanson and Nakamba that can all play there and we are only really playing 2 in the middle now

I said we'll sign nobody. Which means no signings. You've misread my post.

Sanson out and maybe Naka at a push is only business for Jan I can see in central midfield 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Please sign  couple of big tall nasty brutes for that central midfield area and not yet again midget players.

whats wrong with midgits in midfield?, are you midgitist?, a midgit in central midfield is no different to any other variation of player, especially if they identify as a 6ft 5in central midfield brute, what would your problem be then?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i agree that CM is the least of our worries right now with Kamara, Luiz & Donk.

However, i also think that Ramsey is best out wide coming in, or behind the striker, and Sanson, McGinn & Nakamba should be offloaded asap.

But yeah, for now i agree we need to strengthen elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I said we'll sign nobody. Which means no signings. You've misread my post.

Sanson out and maybe Naka at a push is only business for Jan I can see in central midfield 

That I did 😉 my bad

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

whats wrong with midgits in midfield?, are you midgitist?, a midgit in central midfield is no different to any other variation of player, especially if they identify as a 6ft 5in central midfield brute, what would your problem be then?

Why would you want Kante, Modric or a Xavi when a perfect Carlton Palmer could do a better job

So with speculation that Thuram wants Man U or top 4 etc, would anyone take Rashford?

Rashford confuses me, he is either on fire or anonymous, but undoubtedly a quality and lethal forward when on it imo.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So with speculation that Thuram wants Man U or top 4 etc, would anyone take Rashford?

Rashford confuses me, he is either on fire or anonymous, but undoubtedly a quality and lethal forward when on it imo.

No chance Man U would sell Rashford.  He’s one of their star players.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think that he would take us. Someone would take him and I guess, he would expect to be able to pick and choose, when/if the time came.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No. Will probably be overpriced or we’ll have to overpay on wages anyway.

He is good offensively, but his stats in other categories are really lacking nowadays. The all round game isn’t there.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Come on, mate. Rashford could pretty much take his pick of any team in the world. He isn’t coming here!

• Like 1