January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Gonna go with Deulofeu over Sarr too. He currently has the second most assists in Serie A. Has created more chances and key passes than any other player in the league too.

he got 2 assists in this game

🤞he turns out better than the last Gerard we had 

Deulefeu is quality and is around his peak you'd think. 

Our outs might be just as important as who we sign, in terms of freeing wages and squad space for moves in the easier summer market. Might also indicate which of our youth talent emery thinks can fill those gaps too.

Short term we need a winger/wide forward and an Olsen replacement. Poss cover at CB...

I like the Deulofeu link, would be a smart signing, and you’d imagine it would be a relatively decent price. 

Still not pro Sarr though. The only way I could see it being a decent signing is if Davis goes in the other direction permanently, and we pay about £10m on top. 

Re deulofeu, I saw him a few times at Watford and thought he looked a really good player, when he didn't have much noise around him when he was leaving Watford I thought maybe I had missed something and there were issues with him.

I thought he looked really good but maybe I was clearly missing something negative due to lack of interest in him.

A very talented player I think, but maybe I'm still missing something lol.

Deulofeu had a really, really bad knee injury a few years back and he maybe lost a bit of pace but he seem to have adjusted and is still a very good player. The knee thing is an issue thou as he's been having trouble with it.

Might be why he seems to be playing a bit more central than on the wing these days.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Re deulofeu, I saw him a few times at Watford and thought he looked a really good player, when he didn't have much noise around him when he was leaving Watford I thought maybe I had missed something and there were issues with him.

I thought he looked really good but maybe I was clearly missing something negative due to lack of interest in him.

A very talented player I think, but maybe I'm still missing something lol.

He didnt really leave Watford since they "sold" him to Udinese when Watford went down and is pretty much the same operation

• Like 1

Transfermarks has it at 39 players going from Udinese to Watford in the last 10 years +18 loans. And at 20 players going from Watford to Udinese +9 loans.

A lot of that will be the same players going back and forth but still.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Transfermarks has it at 39 players going from Udinese to Watford in the last 10 years +18 loans. And at 20 players going from Watford to Udinese +9 loans.

A lot of that will be the same players going back and forth but still.

That sounds......interesting.....

Is that some legit thing or something a little dodgy?!

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

That sounds......interesting.....

Is that some legit thing or something a little dodgy?!

The Watford owner is the son of the Usinese owner.