January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

What we need to get better at is selling players at the right time. If we sell cash for £30-£40mill and pick up Dest for say £15mill - that’s good business. Buying Dest, keeping Cash and with KKH as back up would be a waste IMO

I totally agree with this, we need to know when someone comes sniffing at 40m for a player we should easily be able to buy better than with the money, to sell!

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Spuds and Chelsea sniffing so probably out of reach, but Denzel Dumfries looks decent.

I agree and generally I think he’s an excellent player but I’m not judging anybody by these WC games either positively or negatively because we know from decades of watching players at international tournaments that what you see here isn’t always what you then see in club football following it.

I’m just enjoying the tournament and ignoring whether we should or should not be interested in a player because it doesn’t always follow into club football.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Spuds and Chelsea sniffing so probably out of reach, but Denzel Dumfries looks decent.

He ia brilliant in attack but is not great defensively. It's no coincidence the teams that want him usually play in a back 3

I am hoping that we sign players, who can dovetail in to the team, and make us better, as a team.

That is not necessarily the same as the best players around....thats just a collection of good players, but no team.

I am hoping Unai can do that.

when you look at Newcastle.....not better players, necessarily, just a better team.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2022 at 22:33, paul514 said:

He won't go anywhere before the summer, and I personally think he will be there next season too.

If he isn't tearing it up by then with his output numbers they will try and sell.

Would love to have him back.

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Would love to have him back.

Not me.  He’s a fantastic player but it’d never be the same and it’s more miss than hit on players returning to prior clubs.  He’s moved on, we’ve now moved on and certainly a talent like his would enhance our team but I’m thinking it wouldn’t work out, it rarely does and generally underwhelms.  Thanks for the memories Jack, go and excel in your career and we will move forward in our way.  

Plus I doubt he’d want to come back yet, would be seen as a failure at that level and he will want to still test himself at another CL club.  I think he’d only want to come back at the end of his career and we wouldn’t want him then.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1