January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Cheeky contract offer for Youssoufa Moukoko whos free to speak to clubs in Jan!
Or why not go for Endrick from Brazil 

Because Chelsea and PSG are all over that situation and have been for some time, he isn’t coming to us

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because Chelsea and PSG are all over that situation and have been for some time, he isn’t coming to us

Can confirm, great on football manager and the next big thing.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

could we get Joao Palhinha?.....looks a good player to me.

i think that ship sailed this summer. But I am shocked at how few teams were after him. He's one of the best midfielders in the PL currently imo. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't buy until late in the window at the earliest, I think we need more data from our players under Emery and his system before deciding.

It is also worth mentioning if we did next to no business in January and he is getting a tune out of players we replace in the summer they will be easier to sell and go for a higher price.... Which is what I think should be done.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

i think that ship sailed this summer. But I am shocked at how few teams were after him. He's one of the best midfielders in the PL currently imo. 

Yeah, Fulham picked up palhinha for what......15m?

Unreal that others, including us weren't after him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Considering his entire villa career thus far has been under Gerrard, we should reserve judgement at least until we've seen him under Emery.

Hr will get a clean slate and rightly so but he needs to improve significantly as under gerrrad he looks last a has been and washed up.

Im hoping under a real elite manager like emery we could see the couts of old

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

My mate is a Palmeiras fan and expects him to be incredible

Think Real already have him though

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

My mate is a Palmeiras fan and expects him to be incredible

Think Real already have him though

I reckon he’s for Madrid. The next Fenômeno. They should have taken him to the World Cup for a laugh.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I reckon he’s for Madrid. The next Fenômeno. They should have taken him to the World Cup for a laugh.

Why not? Pele, when 17 years old, played in the 1958 World Cup and scored in the final. This followed a hat-trick in the semi-final against France. 

Just a hunch, but I can see us trying for Zaha in January cut-price or the summer on a Free Transfer........... Emery was desperate to get him to Arsenal, id be surprised if we dont at least try and attract him across - only issue is hell probably see this as his last chance at a Champions League gig if there is interest..........

I think well go for Lo Celso as well, up for grabs at a good price if you believe the press, and UE takes him on his travels............

20 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think we just need one more pacey forward and Archer goes on loan. Wouldn't mind Sarr of that's still an option and send Archer to Watford (can we plan 3 players to Watford?)

I'd be very disappointed with sarr now we have such pull from Spain with emery

• Like 2