January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

7 minutes ago, Adman said:

Can't remember who was on about it, but Jan transfer windows are notorious for picking up crap, and post world cup transfers the same, so post world cup Jan transfer window signings could be the worst of all time 👍👍

Not if they’re being masterminded by UE.

Are we thinking Bailey plays right or left? Genuine question as I’m thinking a left winger is need but all you lot keep mentioning right wingers instead. 

Hasn’t Bailey played predominantly RW/RF for us?

9 minutes ago, burchy said:

Are we thinking Bailey plays right or left? Genuine question as I’m thinking a left winger is need but all you lot keep mentioning right wingers instead. 

Hasn’t Bailey played predominantly RW/RF for us?

Was mostly injured under Deano.

Mainly played RW/right inside forward under Gerrard.

Has mainly played as a Left wing inside forward striker for Emery 😆

tbh, he can play left or right, depending if you want his stronger foot on the outside or inside.

So i suppose depending on how Emery see's him, we kinda need the opposite?

He has basically played Left(ish) under Emery, which is why ppl are saying a right winger/right inside forward is needed.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Adman said:

Can't remember who was on about it, but Jan transfer windows are notorious for picking up crap, and post world cup transfers the same, so post world cup Jan transfer window signings could be the worst of all time 👍👍

You'd think Emery and Co would know some juicy release clauses in La Liga, especially Villareal, plus 6 weeks of work behind the scenes before the first day of the window.  I'm pretty sure we will do well this time round.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Another week where he didn't get off the bench. Not looking to point score but I'm not really seeing evidence that he rates Sanson.

Its his 2nd week as manager and he got off the bench last week

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Would love us to go for lamptey, how he can’t get in brightons team I’ll never know, was one of the best right backs last season

Yeah he was looking a top player 18 months ago but had bad run of injuries and others at Brighton have stepped up.

Thought he was just a RWB but he came on the left today so would make sense given Young may retire end of the season and Digne is hitting 30 soon.

This Pau Torres link isn't going away, 18 months left on his Villareal deal so you never know although we'll probably need to qualify for europe for him to seriously consider us.

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Would love us to go for lamptey, how he can’t get in brightons team I’ll never know, was one of the best right backs last season

If he cant get in Brighton team then it says why, he came on and played on the left today

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

This Pau Torres link isn't going away, 18 months left on his Villareal deal so you never know although we'll probably need to qualify for europe for him to seriously consider us.

I’d have said the same for Diego Carlos before he came to us. Presuming he heals up okay, a CB pairing of Torres and Carlos could be Melberg - Laursen levels (and no I don’t have a problem with Mings, just commenting on the link).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’d have said the same for Diego Carlos before he came to us. Presuming he heals up okay, a CB pairing of Torres and Carlos could be Melberg - Laursen levels (and no I don’t have a problem with Mings, just commenting on the link).

Difference with Diego is he's coming up to 30 so I imagine it was healthy wage increase at that age that was also very tempting.

Torres is mid 20s so different dynamic and he has played for Villareal in CL so once a players gets a taste of that competition they don't want to drop too far down the league table.

Get the feeling it might be a bit like Bentancur, we'd make a move but at last minute a Spurs will come in for him who can offer CL and that's difficult to turn down as he's certainly an upgrade on Eric Dier.

I've always like Skinrar at Inter Milan, that could be ambitious move we could pull off I reckon as Inter finances aren't great. Tomori at AC Milan might be another option.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I tell you who's a good player. Moises Caicedo. I watched him closely at the match yesterday and he's a very accomplished player for his age. No way we could afford him but someone is getting a very good player there. 

Very good player. Kamara is better

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

No chance he comes here over other offers he will get. 

Also if we stick with the current formation not sure he's even needed. 

He'd be a good addition to the squad but not really in an area that we need upgraded.  A midfield of Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker and Kessie would be amazing with all four rotating, but not sure we have enough games for that as we aren't in Europe.  But we would need to shift Sanson and Nakamba on.

• Like 1