January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

4 hours ago, LockStockVilla said:

Is he not a season long loan anyways? Send him home early. 

26 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

That was my point 

not sure i see the point in sending our clearly second choice loanee left back to his club in Jan.

He's backup, he might even be backup to the backup (Digne > Young > Augustinsson - unless Cash is rested/injured and young plays RB, then Ludwig is clear LB backup).

tbh in Jan i would rather spend every penny we have on a central defender, Winger/inside forward and striker, if at all possible (at least 1-2 of those positions).

We really need to not be spunking our January budget on more backup squad players, we need to be spending every penny we have improving the first 11.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

not sure i see the point in sending our clearly second choice loanee left back to his club in Jan.

He's backup, he might even be backup to the backup (Digne > Young > Augustinsson - unless Cash is rested/injured and young plays RB, then Ludwig is clear LB backup).

tbh in Jan i would rather spend every penny we have on a central defender, Winger/inside forward and striker, if at all possible (at least 1-2 of those positions).

We really need to not be spunking our January budget on more backup squad players, we need to be spending every penny we have improving the first 11.

With the exception of a Goalkeeper I would agree.  However, left back is the only other position (that I can think of) where we might need cover as I am not sure that we can rely on Young for an extended period (just in terms of his age) and I'm not sure that we have a youth option ready for next season.  But yes - we should be strengthening our squad by signing first XI players and adding in a couple of our academy players who have done well on loan at top Championship level.  

• Like 1