Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Just now, The_Rev said:

They already have once this season.   

However, the situation for Villa's European ambitions is simple now:  If we win, we are in. 

Yep for sure and let's not forget brighton have a midweek game vs city.

Thats going to take a lot out of them

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Beat Brighton we get europe.

Leeds beat Spurs we get europe.

I'd say our chances are better than 50% which is great considering how low we were all feeling after the Wolves result.

Not quite.  Brentford could still qualify if they beat Man City at home.

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not sure we could have worked harder for this chance at Europe - recent dropped points entirely down to a bare bones squad flagging and players returning a game or two too late. Then today's performance. Unai has squeezed every possible drop of effort out of this team. 

Perfectly well said. With Gerrard, we vastly underachieved with our squad, with Emery somewhat overachieved. Imagine what we can do if we can genuinely strengthen the squad over the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Perfectly well said. With Gerrard, we vastly underachieved with our squad, with Emery somewhat overachieved. Imagine what we can do if we can genuinely strengthen the squad over the summer.

League title.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Months ago I always thought it would come down to the last game of the season.

Yeah, with the manager we started the season with it would have been to escape relegation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Not quite.  Brentford could still qualify if they beat Man City at home.

I'd say there is more chance of Leeds beating Spurs than there is Brentford beating City.

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

They already have once this season.   

However, the situation for Villa's European ambitions is simple now:  If we win, we are in. 

Exactly, we will either be playing a Brighton team who have already secured a EL place or it will be a play off for it, hope it’s the latter but just happy to be in with a shout! 

Just now, AshVilla said:

I'd say there is more chance of Leeds beating Spurs than there is Brentford beating City.

Not if they have already won the league.

Just now, Nigel said:

Not if they have already won the league.

Players will be fighting for the two finals starting places.  They’ll be giving it their all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Players will be fighting for the two finals starting places.  They’ll be giving it their all.

This, don’t give Pep a reason not to be involved and they won’t want a team to do the double over them in a title winning season!

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Haaland also wants to keep banging them in to break the records.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep for sure and let's not forget brighton have a midweek game vs city.

Thats going to take a lot out of them

Potentially huge. 4 days before they play us. We seen how tired they looked against Newcastle. We’ll beat them.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No, but who wants it, we are not good enough yet, best to get Europa Conference, more chance of winning that, especially that West Ham have got to the final and their shite!

No but we'll get ready for it after a summer window 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Potentially huge. 4 days before they play us. We seen how tired they looked against Newcastle. We’ll beat them.

Just hope the fans dont get nervy as the players pick up on that.

If we make villa park like we did last week its going ti be tough for Brighton 

Just a small point here but in consecutive weekends we have probably put the final nail in the Champions League hopes of Spurs AND Liverpool.  (Admittedly both were unlikely to qualify and to be fair Liverpool still have a distant mathematical chance.)  Glorious.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Months ago I always thought it would come down to the last game of the season.

Europe...

9 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Yeah, with the manager we started the season with it would have been to escape relegation. 

This the race for Europe thread, keep up! 😄

Lots of permutations, but the simple fact is if we beat Brighton we’re in Europe. 

After the loss at Fulham if you offered me a last day shoot out to keep us up I’d have took it.  This has been phenomenal, I hope more than anything we can do it but whatever happens I’m so proud of this team, and in absolute awe of our manager. 

What a season, and what and what atmosphere we’re going to enjoy next week. 

Edited by av1