Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Just now, duke313 said:

But what if Spurs also beat Leeds?

We will go into the last game of the season with a chance of Europe. Unless I read the story wrong that's what Emery wanted. 

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

We will go into the last game of the season with a chance of Europe. Unless I read the story wrong that's what Emery wanted. 

Well if Brighton get a win at Newcastle or Arsenal then we need to beat Liverpool

I still think 8th is most likely 

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

But if Spurs beat Brentford and Leeds and we lose to Liverpool and beat Brighton, we will be three points behind Spurs. We would only get into Europe in that scenario if Brighton don't win their games in hand.

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well if Brighton get a win at Newcastle or Arsenal then we need to beat Liverpool

I still think 8th is most likely 

Agreed, however we defon have a chance at 7th.

Brentford very well could turn Tottenham over.

Leeds a wild card.

I feel if we can get 4 from the last 2 7th is very likely.

If you look at Tottenhams remaining fixtures they might not pick up another point. Brentford not an easy game and Leeds play with the same intensity they did against Newcastle they will beat spurs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

They tried pretty damn hard did they not?

Also, Liverpool are pretty well known for getting dodgy VAR calls more than any team other than United.

No mate, it’s the Kop its worth a goal headstart 

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If you look at Tottenhams remaining fixtures they might not pick up another point. Brentford not an easy game and Leeds play with the same intensity they did against Newcastle they will beat spurs 

Worry is Leeds being relegated by the time they play Spurs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

If we get to 60 points that would be amazing. Think we might get a draw at Anfield and we will beat Brighton. See where 61 points takes us. 

Sod it! Go to Anfield, score an early goal, frustrate the life out of the smeggers and get them on their players' backs, then score a break-away second towards the end. Villa win 2-0.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Sod it! Go to Anfield, score an early goal, frustrate the life out of the smeggers and get them on their players' backs, then score a break-away second towards the end. Villa win 2-0.

Liverpool will score at least 1 VAR assisted handball/dive/offside goal.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Or you could look at the fixtures and see that they have 2 of the easiest games on paper, a mid table team with nothing to play for and a team that might already be relegated by then so also nothing to play for.  They should really be getting 6 points if they have any pretences about being part of the big 6.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Or you could look at the fixtures and see that they have 2 of the easiest games on paper, a mid table team with nothing to play for and a team that might already be relegated by then so also nothing to play for.  They should really be getting 6 points if they have any pretences about being part of the big 6.

The only way they would be relegated is if forest beat arsenal and leicester win their next two games 

Will it go down to the last game of the season regardless now?

I suppose in a way it will. If Brighton and Spurs win all their games, and we lose to Liverpool, we'll still be 3 points behind Spurs in 8th, hoping they lose and we make up a goal difference of maybe 4 on the final day. So yes the opportunity will be there on the final day of getting into the Conference league, but it would be nice if Brighton and Spurs dropped some points before then, and Villa got a result against Liverpool.

If Villa lose to Liverpool, we can only afford Brighton to pick up 4 points from the Arsenal Newcastle, Southampton and Man City games for them to be catchable on the final day. However many points Villa get against Liverpool, Brighton are allowed to get that many plus 4 from the next four games. 

It would be so nice if Brighton would pick up where they left off against Everton in these final few games starting with Arsenal tomorrow.