Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Just now, Farlz said:

Just like that Spurs are back in meltdown. Further proving there's no need to shit ourselves over Europe today. 

Not if you are dead set against playing in the conference like me

• Sad 1

I thought we'd be looking at 7 points in our last 5. I think that is still the case. I can't see us beating Liverpool away. A draw minimum against the dingles and win our home games against Spurs and Brighton. Hopefully it's enough if we can do it.

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

well i think liverpool are going to win this, so in the pragmatic, we're only going for 7th, that's good?

This is where I'm at now. Before we lost to Utd I thought it made sense to hope for a draw from this one, but I've now completely given up on the idea of remaining ahead of Liverpool and think that 7th is probably the best we can realistically achieve, so we want Liverpool to win by as large a margin as possible. 5 or 6 nil would be good. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is where I'm at now. Before we lost to Utd I thought it made sense to hope for a draw from this one, but I've now completely given up on the idea of remaining ahead of Liverpool and think that 7th is probably the best we can realistically achieve, so we want Liverpool to win by as large a margin as possible. 5 or 6 nil would be good. 

Id happily take 7th because i genuinely think we could win that cup

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We have to beat Wolves, play well against Spurs and hope that the last game of the season isa shootout with Brighton.

A last day winner takes all clash at Villa Park would be some finish to the season.

I'd back us to beat Brighton at home tbf, we seem to match up well against them. Even Spurs we have done well against recently, its the Wolves game where it will be there big day and they will no douvt turn it up against us that i worry about, that is the banana skin for me. If we can dig out a result there and motivate ourselves then that is half the job done

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We have to beat Wolves, play well against Spurs and hope that the last game of the season isa shootout with Brighton.

A last day winner takes all clash at Villa Park would be some finish to the season.

Would be excellent if Kamara and Cash were back for that last game as well. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

well there's 3. Probably will be 5ish