Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He started all 4 of their PL games before we bought him so that's not quite true, he was a starter for them 

He was starting games for us last season it doesn’t mean he is was good enough or classed as a starter. I don’t know what their injury situation was at the time but If he was that important to them they wouldn’t have sold him to a rival club on deadline day.  Wolves fans were a lot happier about the move than Villa fans were. 

Anyway he did ok yesterday and helped the team get the 3 points so fair play to him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I've only just realised you mean Dougie :D I was thinking it was someone on the fringes you were saying should get a start

Louis Kinautocorekt. Promising young Lithuanian midfielder. 

• Haha 3

I thought his sub changed the game. We was getting pegged back a little, then donk come on and we pushed Arsenal back. Was shut out the last 20mins.

Terrible pass but some really good getting stuck in challenges. 

Great sub by Emery👏 nice to see everyone getting involved.

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

Sometimes you need a player for 20 minutes to go in there and make it ugly for the opponents. 

We had effectively ceded possession to Arsenal and were too knackered to really keep it. 

We went long from goal kicks so Dendoncker didn’t have to build out and potentially make an error. 

Arsenal were held to just deep crosses which played right into our hands with Emi’s command of the box. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I think McGinn’s comment about subs who hadn’t got many minutes of late was directed at Donck. JJ and Moreno haven’t been available, but Donck has been in the bench week in and week out. He had an impact yesterday and helped us see out the game. A good professional performance. 

Definitely aimed at Dendoncker, and great captaincy too to namecheck him without namechecking him and to hopefully help give him a boost.

Definitely played his part on Saturday, that cross-field pass showed his lack of game time I think but that double tackle he put in on the halfway line got the crowd up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Good game?! He is useless. 

The one time he had to do any defending and the lad just cuts inside him like he ain't on the pitch. 

Please for the love of god, some Turkish team must want him in Jan. 

We'd get 10m for him he ain't that bad.

He's all very meh.

Â