Footnall At The Weekend, August 19-22

rjw63

Just now, KMitch said:

3-0 Leeds...  Making Chelsea look like mugs here.  That's exactly what happens when you go into a match with a gameplan and your players execute it perfectly.  

Us Villa fans wouldn't know...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

2-0 Brighton, Potter's got that team proper organised. Hasn't got any big names, lost big players, still a great team, they just all know there job, midfield is the main part of the team, unlike ours.

Leeds even looking good with there team of cloggers. 3-0

That's the key thing - they defend and attack as a team. Good coach is Potter.

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Us, Everton and Bournemouth probably currently look the poorest sides in the League based on showings and current form.

Which is worrying, obviously still alot of time for that to change but still.

don't forget west ham as well

Top marks to Jesse Marsch.

Not easy coming in to replace a legacy manager. Yet he got them organised, kept them up and despite losing two of their best players has used his connections in Bundesliga to get in some really good players to refresh the 11, Tyler Adams taken to premier league so easily as I suspected he would.

This is night and day compared to what Gerrard is producing so shows there are talented managers out there in europe and Leeds just about timed it right last season when they let Bielsa go down.

Chelsea just look like they're still directionless post Abramovich. They won't finish top 4.

• Like 1

The Premier League is just getting stronger and stronger every year. 

If people think we see too good to go down they need to take a look outside of their Villa bubble. 

7 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

don't forget west ham as well

Indeed.

I actually just realised that they are on zero points.

This can work either way against us.

It will either have them low on confidence, or fired up against us, looking at us as an opportunity for 3 points, like Palace 🙄

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed.

It will either have them low on confidence, or fired up against us, looking at us as an opportunity for 3 points, like Palace 🙄

Can you see us dealing with the likes of Rice, Soucek and Antonio? 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed.

Well as we all know when you're on a poor run the last team you want to face is villa /end sarcasm

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The Premier League is just getting stronger and stronger every year. 

If people think we see too good to go down they need to take a look outside of their Villa bubble. 

We could do something about it. Frustrating seeing people say give Gerrard until break for world cup, our league position is going to look horrific in another 10 games looking at how some of the other teams have started the season.

Anyway West Ham going to turn up to VP next weekend with three straight defeats and not scoring a goal so simply not good enough if they steamroller us as usual.

I'd sack Gerrard straight after the game if they turn us over as usual.

• Like 2

Â