First Team Coaches/Staff

Villa Gaffa

Aston Villa is delighted to announce a number of appointments to Head Coach Unai Emery’s backroom team. 

The Club would like to welcome Pako Ayestaran (Assistant Head Coach), Pablo Villanueva (First Team Coach), Francisco Javier Garcia (Goalkeeping Coach), Antonio Rodríguez Saravia (Individual Performance Coach), Victor Manuel Manas (Data/Video Analyst) and Moises de Hoyo (Strength and Conditioning Coach). 

Further announcements regarding Unai Emery’s coaching staff will be made in due course.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/04/villa-confirm-unai-emery-s-backroom-team/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I take it those the coaches he usually takes with him? If so good. My main concern was he wouldn’t have his coaches with him. 

I think all but Ayestaran, who I don't think he's worked with before.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Did Emery work with David Villa as a player? I’ve seen a few pictures with the players with after after the spurs match. Could he be coming in to do some coaching?

He did manage david villa at some point, yes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Did Emery work with David Villa as a player? I’ve seen a few pictures with the players with after after the spurs match. Could he be coming in to do some coaching?

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He did manage david villa at some point, yes.

Yeah, he managed him at Valencia.

5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Think he was just invited to come - plus it was in London.

Seems to be more into the business/ownership side of things rather than managing.

Doesn’t he own football academies around the world and he is also into player management? 

• 1 month later...
On 28/10/2022 at 07:39, useless said:

Relatively long article on Victor Mañas

'Victor Mañas: Unai Emery’s second pair of eyes at Villarreal'

Training Ground Guru

Kicked off in the press box with few Arsenal bods in injury time! 

Arsenal and Aston Villa analysts fight in the stands

A heated argument briefly turned physical after Emiliano Martinez scored an own goal and then allowed in Arsenal's fourth 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/02/18/arsenal-aston-villa-analysts-fight-stands/

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2023 at 11:39, Kingman said:

Kicked off in the press box with few Arsenal bods in injury time! 

Arsenal and Aston Villa analysts fight in the stands

A heated argument briefly turned physical after Emiliano Martinez scored an own goal and then allowed in Arsenal's fourth 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/02/18/arsenal-aston-villa-analysts-fight-stands/

Missed this at the time.

Doesn't surprise me the way Arsenal's bitch coaching staff have gone on all season. Arteta has been pathetic throughout. 

Unai Emery, there's a professional.

It'll be thoroughly enjoyable to watch them blow this title.

• 5 months later...
Â