First Team Coaches/Staff

Villa Gaffa

• 1 month later...

Best wishes to them both. Mackenzie leaving was pretty expected: judging from the announcement at the time Alberto Benito had effectively replaced him back in May, even before Monchi came in.

Edited by wishywashy

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It dies qirry me abit if and when emery leaves if he decides to take everyone with him. Then we need to rebuild the wholw system again

oh we'll be ****. we've given him the keys to the castle. it would probably be mcphee as interim manager.

I think it could take 1or 3 appointments after unai before we get it right again. Not many clubs go on from massive success after another.

I think citeh and plop could be same when klopp and pep leave. But lets enjoy what we have for now and hope he is here to stay for a long time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It dies qirry me abit if and when emery leaves if he decides to take everyone with him. Then we need to rebuild the wholw system again

You could say that about Man City too......maybe UE has no intention of leaving....and its in his pitch, when recruiting key people.

I am sure the club, are being built robustly to ensure they can function in the event of key people leaving.....That must be a part of the Blue print.

We could say that about the owners too, if they left.

I would think building a solid infrastructure to the club is a primary consideration towards their future planning.

However....I think it is clear how Man U relied on SAF for their success.

Just a special mention for what a test Danny Murphy is, whinging about us having a set piece coach. 15-20% of a football game is spent on set pieces. Why on earth would you not have a coach that covers 15+ mins of playing time?

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We've put out our official squad photo of 2023/24

Maybe telling that unai is sat front and centre with monchi and another suit that I don't even recognise, 8 coaches on there

Damian Vidagany. Unai's right hand man

• Thanks 1

Â