Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

1 hour ago, MentalM said:

I am only looking upwards with Emery.

Think Southampton, Everton and Bournemouth will go down.

This was my prediction at the start of the season when everyone (exaggerated) was saying Forest would finish rock bottom.

I'm going to stick with it, but Forest and Wolves also in trouble - particularly on the goal scoring front.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Tough to call who will go down, it's pretty tight from 13th down. 

I think we are just at the edge of officially safe in 12th.

If I could pick 3 to go down it would be Leeds, West Ham and Wolves.

Agree with this. Would be much happy with double digit gap to relegation. At the min we're kind of in our own bracket, away from the drop zone but still catching the rest up from the shit start. But catching up fast. 

Leicester have done well to pull some points together. The last time I paid attention they had like 3 points from 8 games or something

southampton bournemouth forest for me

for all the money they spent i've seen little to suggest they have the quality to stay up

they have a half decent manager at least though

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Purslow’s continued misguided support of Slippy G was criminally negligent to say the least. I think it could still cost him his job sometime in the future. 

i imagine the stadium plans have somewhat saved him

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i imagine the stadium plans have somewhat saved him

Probably come at a convenient time for him at least. Although Nas knows a thing or two about construction and Wes has built a huge stadium before. 

I think Purslow was hired early on because he was an experienced football CEO. He’s shown to be reasonably competent in the day to day running of the club but otherwise nothing special. He put in place all the things a PL club should have which were amazingly lacking under previous owners. Only NSWE can say if they think he’s done enough, or at least has the ability, to really drive us to where they want to be. But they’ll know enough by now about running an English Premier football club to know what that should look like. 

The more Unai improves the team, the worse Purslow’s appointment of SG looks, along with the unnecessary time and money wasted. Only time will tell but NSWE are as ruthless as they are ambitious. 

• Like 1

Everton needed 9 home wins to stay up on 39 points last season.

So far they've won 2 out of 9 at Goodison so means they have now win 7 of their last 10 to match that tally.

I'd say they're big favourites now given their away form will stay largely the same given some of the venues they have to visit.

Big chance for Forest at Southampton to get out of the bottom 3 this week.

• Like 2

Leeds could be ones to watch for relegation, they won two of their first three and drew the other in what was a very good start for them, but since then they've only won two of their last thirteen, losing eight of those. Was wondering what was going on with them, never seem to see them win but also don't look in any immediate danger, then realised it's because of the good start they had, but from fourth game of the season onwards only Southampton have taken less points.

Edited by useless

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Leeds could be ones to watch for relegation, they won two of their first three and drew the other in what was a very good start for them, but since then they've only won two of their last thirteen, losing eight of those. Was wondering what was going on with them, never seem to see them win but also don't look in any immediate danger, then realised it's because of the good start they had, but from fourth game of the season onwards only Southampton have taken less points.

Their poor form extends back to 2020, just like we were under Gerrard, they are one of worst performing teams in that period.

Losing Phillips and Raphinha is a big blow, they were big big players for LFC,  and they signed a load of players who haven’t really worked out. Always difficult to successfully integrate a lot of new players, it generally doesn’t work well. But you would think they should be in a better place to succeed than Forrest?

17 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Probably come at a convenient time for him at least. Although Nas knows a thing or two about construction and Wes has built a huge stadium before. 

I think Purslow was hired early on because he was an experienced football CEO. He’s shown to be reasonably competent in the day to day running of the club but otherwise nothing special. He put in place all the things a PL club should have which were amazingly lacking under previous owners. Only NSWE can say if they think he’s done enough, or at least has the ability, to really drive us to where they want to be. But they’ll know enough by now about running an English Premier football club to know what that should look like. 

The more Unai improves the team, the worse Purslow’s appointment of SG looks, along with the unnecessary time and money wasted. Only time will tell but NSWE are as ruthless as they are ambitious. 

Agree with the last point but they can't have Purslow work with that dangling over his head forever. The choices were you fked up, get out, or you fked up, noted, crack on. Can't be blaming him for it forever, if he came out to the owners and said sorry, I ballsed up, and that's been accepted. Everyone knows it was a cock up 

30 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Agree with the last point but they can't have Purslow work with that dangling over his head forever. The choices were you fked up, get out, or you fked up, noted, crack on. Can't be blaming him for it forever, if he came out to the owners and said sorry, I ballsed up, and that's been accepted. Everyone knows it was a cock up 

I pretty much agree but people are often sacked for a number of factors including the availability of a better successor. The SG appointment was a pretty big mistake we don’t really know if everything else is fine, or who, if anyone NSWE have in mind for an upgrade. All these factors have a baring on timing. Changing a CEO can be as big as changing the manager long term but due to the nature of the industry probably not as time critical. 

Only seven points clear at the moment, need something from the next three against the teams around us because after that it's Arsenal and Man City.

'need something from the next three against the teams' Seven points, two wins one draw, as would have expected eight points from Wolves, Leeds, Southampton, and Leicester at least.

Edited by useless

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Only six points clear at the moment, need something from the next three against the teams around us because after that it's Arsenal and Man City.

Edit: West Ham take the lead against Leeds, now just five points clear of the bottom three.

We’ll get enough results to finish around 10th. We’re not good enough for Europe and not bad enough for relegation. Just an inconsistent mid table side. 

• Like 2

Great result for Forest, what a decision it was to give Cooper a new deal.

That was a big opportunity missed by Wolves but they've shown enough under the new guy that they'll get enough draws and 1-0 wins to get up to 37-38 points I think.

Bottom 3 of Southampton, Bournemouth and Everton looks a decent shout now.

It’s obvious that it’s going to take something real special for us to get dragged into the scrap. However, I do think that we have a lot of bad players especially for the type of coach that we have now. I don’t see how we can be allowed to play like we did in that first half. It was the same vs Liverpool. We really need to work on our playing personnel if we are going to go anywhere. 

Edited by Tayls