Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

**** me I be really started to hate this place now and the self entitled bunch of moaning supposed football experts  who love nothing better than moan and criticise at the earliest point and almost want Gerrard to fail so they can proved right than their beloved smith was wronged … Get some perspective

Ok, we are losing 1-0 to a newly promoted team that have a problematic defence and we haven’t looked like scoring.  Is that enough perspective?

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Liverpool must be worried. 

Difference is they can beat anyone fairly easily. We typically have about 12 games where we'd be lucky to get 6 points vs the sky 6. So yeah it's kind of different stakes. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Also as i said when the game was getting started the lack of height is telling. This is a problem we are losing everything.  At least mings gives us some height ffs.

We're offering nothing with set pieces - and we've actually had a good amount.

As I say, though, as bad as we've been, Bournemouth have played well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

**** me I be really started to hate this place now and the self entitled bunch of moaning supposed football experts  who love nothing better than moan and criticise at the earliest point and almost want Gerrard to fail so they can proved right than their beloved smith was wronged … Get some perspective

You cricitise people for moaning by moaning at them 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grobs said:

Think we all need to calm down a bit. Liverpool fans aren’t all crying after they dropped points

Errrrmmm, their fans are all having a meltdown already. Klopp will be out blaming the FA and the Ref and fixture congestion.

They’ve also got their black armbands out and are shutting down the city for 3 days of mourning!

Just now, nick76 said:

Ok, we are losing 1-0 to a newly promoted team that have a problematic defence and we haven’t looked like scoring.  Is that enough perspective?

It's the first game of the season.

We've been poor, but the whole "**** me, must win game.  We're finishing bottom" stuff is pretty cringe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Gerrard: "We will become a possession based team"

Possession:

Bournemouth 35% - Villa 65%

It's what people wanted!  Sack off the risky passing, just become a possession side.  Don't understand the moaning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The league isn't that linear 

If you lose to Bournemouth then you need to pick up points somewhere else, we will / should have at least 1 unexpected win during the season which will balance it out 

It is a shit start though 

Yeah but losing that chip first day of the season is awful. We have about 12 games vs teams we should definitely be beating each season. And we want to be getting about 25pts from those games. Getting 1 or 0 to start **** us over a lot.