FIFA 23

Straggler

That's cheaper than most countries... 

They'll end up the same as everything, considered a luxury product rather than a must have, you don't have to buy it and no doubt Game or someone else will knock £20 off it before Christmas 

Personally I keep a never ending run of trading going, my next game will be the last of us and I'll be trading GT7 and horizon for it, I'll then trade the last of us for GoW etc etc

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

First time i've pre-ordered it, despite picking up every version since '08. Very excited about the inclusion of the Vanarama. I get to play as my old FM lower division favourites Eastleigh!! Despite having no ties to the team or area whatsoever. 

On 03/08/2022 at 10:43, villa4europe said:

for me they wont fix the difficulty level meaning that I'll spend the 10 hour trial trying to find the correct balance while being infuriated that on world class EA think making my player unable to kick a football 5 yards makes the game harder rather than making it shitter

they wont fix scouting either

and career mode will have the same hub that its had for about 5 years now

I looked up some very useful slider settings online for 22, and it made all the difference. Gonna try those settings against first off. 

On 11/08/2022 at 12:53, stewiek2 said:

I've been selected to take part in the Beta testing of it on Xbox. Have it downloading now. Until Sept 1 I'll have access to Career Mode, Kick off, Practice Arena, Online seasons and online friendlies.

No idea why I got selected, I only tend to play player career mode, can't be doing with the tantrum babies chucking their toys out the pram in online mode.

I had that for 22, pulled together a brilliantly written (if I do say so myself), erudite and reasoned response setting out what was good, and what was bad, and then found there was no way to upload my views. I was kind of a wasted beta, but I guess I got to play it early. Seemed much better in Beta than when released tbh. 

On 11/08/2022 at 15:57, stewiek2 said:

So installed Fifa23 Beta, and firstly it takes you to the training centre where you go through playing a game (PSG v Liverpool) and it assesses your skill level and recommends accordingly and changes the level as you play. I've only played 2 games in the Training Centre as full Beta doesn't unlock til 5pm UK time.

First impressions on playing 2 games is that the gameplay is a real improvement on Fifa22 (and especially 21 and 20 which annoyed the hell out of me when it comes to defending). It does feel more fluid and the off the ball movement of your AI team mates and the build up play more realistic and less 'arcadey'.

The kits are still last seasons, though I guess that will update to this season upon the full Beta being unlocked.

First game was PSG v Liverpool. Played as PSG and like I said more fluid play, Liverpool scored agains the run in play but scored 2 to win it. And, for what seems something I never have been good at, scored from a cross to win it.

Second game was what the Training Centre called 'classic match' Villa v Baggies. Which I won 2-0. A goal from Digne ghosting in the far post from a Cash cross and a Watkins strike from a Coutinho through-ball. Again crossing is improved on this and the corner system changed now. A nice touch is showing a flag above a player in an offside position so you don't pass to him. This could all be just for training centre so will say more once the full Beta is unlocked.

Tackling is improved, and playing the Villa game the full backs did bomb on a fair bit, whilst defending wasn't as easy as when I played as PSG (obviously), but you can tell the AI on both the CPU teams and your team is much better than previous Fifa's.

First impressions from playing in the training centre is that it does feel more intuitive.

How quick did it play? The beta from last year felt slower and heavier, which I loved. Then it was released and patches made it feel more like 21. 

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

How quick did it play? The beta from last year felt slower and heavier, which I loved. Then it was released and patches made it feel more like 21. 

It depends on the level you play at. On Pro and above it plays slower. After years of being shite at the defensive part I've found it is much better than previous ones in the defending.

On 16/09/2022 at 14:35, HKP90 said:

So true. This is one of the most frustrating parts of the game. At release it was a really good FIFA. The patches absolutely made the gameplay worse. 

On 25/08/2022 at 23:45, villaliver said:

£65 for PS5 version is too much considering cost of living computer game companies not exactly helping gamers lately with price of console games they should consider money is tight for good percentage of people out there 

Games consoles are luxury items. Those really struggling I doubt can afford a PS5. Xbox is the same price BTW.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

Games have also increased in cost slightly under the rate of inflation, ps1/2 new releases were £40 20 years ago, ps3 were £50 15 years ago

The difference now is there doesn't seem to be as many avenues to find them cheaper, tesco etc aren't knocking £10 off it, shopto are the same price as game

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Games have also increased in cost slightly under the rate of inflation, ps1/2 new releases were £40 20 years ago, ps3 were £50 15 years ago

The difference now is there doesn't seem to be as many avenues to find them cheaper, tesco etc aren't knocking £10 off it, shopto are the same price as game

I miss the days of the supermarkets trying to out do each other with FIFA for £25 at launch. 

Ended up getting FIFA on the Series X instead of PS5 using my reward points cost me a grand total of £5 of my own money!

5 minutes ago, jim said:

I miss the days of the supermarkets trying to out do each other with FIFA for £25 at launch. 

Ended up getting FIFA on the Series X instead of PS5 using my reward points cost me a grand total of £5 of my own money!

I remember queuing up in Asda at Midnight to pick up Fifa's 10-15 for cheaper than RRP :) 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

New SNES and Megadrive games cost similar too.

I still have my copy of WWF Raw on the Megadrive that I bought second hand but it has it's original £59.99 sticker on it.

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I still have my copy of WWF Raw on the Megadrive that I bought second hand but it has it's original £59.99 sticker on it.

N64 games were regularly £50 when they came out too. I just remember that being the benchmark. If I wanted a new game it would cost me £50

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

N64 games were regularly £50 when they came out too. I just remember that being the benchmark. If I wanted a new game it would cost me £50

I don't really have an issue with paying up to £70 for a new game especially the likes of Fifa and COD as I know I will get 100hrs + out of them. 

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Man, ShopTo was my go-to way back when, unless I confuse them with some other company. It was much cheaper buying from them compared to most other physical and online stores even though I live in Sweden. 

Just now, daft said:

Man, ShopTo was my go-to way back when, unless I confuse them with some other company. It was much cheaper buying from them compared to most other physical and online stores even though I live in Sweden. 

Yeah I was the same, before brexit it was cheaper to buy a game on shopto and have it shipped to Germany than it was to buy a game here

Now I have to pay import duty on it

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Surprisingly, and according to Price charting, WWF Raw on Megadrive is worth ~£30 now. 

Don't suppose you have Ecco Jr.?! :D 

Played the game yesterday with the EA Play trial. Matchmaking for Seasons is STILL broken which pretty much rules out a purchase from me. 

Trying to play some 2v2 with my brother last night playing as a 4 star team. Constantly matched against PSG, Man City, Barcelona and the like, even with "Restrictive Matchmaking" turned on which specifically states it will only match against team of an equal star rating. So dumb, 3 games on the bounce they haven't fixed this. They genuinely only give a shit about FUT players. It's awful. 

Â