FIFA 23

Straggler

On 18/12/2022 at 19:46, ml1dch said:

I know that FUT is the devil's work and to be mocked, derided and cast into the fires of hell. I KNOW that. And this year definitely has to be the year that I stop wasting my time on it. 

But I've never had a team like this so early in the game.

Screenshot-20221218-194447-Companion.jpg

All untradeable apart from De Bruyne who came from a preview pack. 

It is crazy the teams people have at this time, especially with how poor a lot of the sbcs have been.

• 2 weeks later...

Fifa gets worse every year. I played a few games earlier and managed to concede about 7 bicycle goals from corners. Is there some glitch so don’t know about because it seems to be impossible to defend against corners in this game.

On 14/01/2023 at 11:30, Genie said:

Fifa gets worse every year. I played a few games earlier and managed to concede about 7 bicycle goals from corners. Is there some glitch so don’t know about because it seems to be impossible to defend against corners in this game.

Dunno, I've almost never either scored or conceded from a corner. Or a bicycle kick. I've got about 150hrs on this version. 

On 14/01/2023 at 11:30, Genie said:

Corners against AI are an absolute nightmare for me.  If they play it short I'm screwed, they just pass it around until they score.  If they cross it in I'm rarely able to control anyone near the ball so I'm just watching the AI decide if it wants to score or not.  The only way to mitigate against the worst of it is to take control of the keeper before the kick is taken and move him 5 or so yards off the line to give him a better chance of claiming the cross.  This idea came from online play (not something I do, I just heard they did it) and it works against the AI a decent amount of the time.  If you do play online watchout for people going for goal direct from corners if you bring your keeper out.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im still playing pes 2021 just getting the kits updated each year via an option file. i aint buying football games for a while now until things seriously change 

• Like 1

Who has shares in EA and got isak on the front of that...

7 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I mean, this is going to be even less dev time than normal between releases, isn't it?  It's going to be an absolute train wreck.

It'll end up as a service game surely? Just new content and new seasons, probably £8 every 3 months to get th latest boots update and "legends" packs, within 2 years the base game will be free

Edit - no barca, no bayern and then most of all no messi or Ronaldo in that group

Edited by villa4europe

10 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I wish someone would **** this off for a full on remaster / remake of Sensible World of Soccer.

Unpopular opinion probably, but I don't want the words 'player cards', 'boosts' or 'packs' anywhere near football, or another sports games.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just got sacked by Villa in my career mode for not winning the league or the Champions league in my 3rd or 4th season.

I'm not playing this shit anymore.

You obviously didn't buy 3 players from Mexico or whatever bullshit task they set you that season

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You obviously didn't buy 3 players from Mexico or whatever bullshit task they set you that season

It was Asia iirc and some other task to do with signing Englishmen. I've loaded the save 3 times and nothing I can do will stop the sack. Signed 5 English free transfers and it is inevitable.

What a stupid **** game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It was Asia iirc and some other task to do with signing Englishmen. I've loaded the save 3 times and nothing I can do will stop the sack. Signed 5 English free transfers and it is inevitable.

What a stupid **** game.

You need to give them a crucial role at the club to get it ticked off, signing them isn't enough. 

Played NHL23 last night, also by EA, and I was thinking that if they could make career mode in EA Sports 24 like that it would be great. Plenty of depth, loads of team customisation, which is lightyears ahead of the create your own team stuff currently in Fifa, some back office management stuff. It's pretty good actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, whatever "tweaking" they did last time to the Career Mode objectives **** things up to the point of brutality.  The first thing I'll do every season is check off as many as possible, lest the sword of Damocles drop.  A quick tip on the raise X funds from selling youth players objective if it comes up; only sales outside of the transfer windows count, for reasons known only to almighty Poseidon. 

God, the youth-based objectives are the worst bloody ones.  Why yes, I should definitely spent a third of the season playing two 65 OVR youth prospects over my 80+ OVR regular starters for... reasons... I mean what could go wrong?! 

Seen the "deep dive" on the EAFC career mode. A few new cut scenes and doubling down on those god awful training drills. it literally could not be worse for me. At the time of writing this game is a hard pass for me.

Â