FIFA 23

Straggler

Does it do the same trick as last year and download, then install, then make you do some nonsense running through the streets of Paris meaning that if I start downloading it now I might get to play it on Thursday? 

I've got time for it tonight but anticipating frustration 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Does it do the same trick as last year and download, then install, then make you do some nonsense running through the streets of Paris meaning that if I start downloading it now I might get to play it on Thursday? 

This was hilarious. I basically didn't play Fifa 22 because of this.

WTF has happened to this game :D 

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've got time for it tonight but anticipating frustration 

Yeah you have to do some bullshit at the beginning. So annoying. I just try and quit out asap. It's been the same game for like 10 years now, we don't need tutorials for this shit. 

It's got the usual FIFA bullshit 1 - the hub is really dated, scouting is shit, its unrealistic who you can sign (unless leao joins villa for £80m in Jan...) and your AI defenders constantly go for hotdogs... But i think it's actually ok, they've seemingly got rid of the game bullshittingly sabotaging you in order to make it harder, if I misplace a pass it's because of me not because of the game and there opponents arent making 40 yard bicycle kick passes

I've sped it up, that's it for the sliders so far

5 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Any bugs spotted in career mode yet?

The last few iterations have had some carryover for stuff they haven't resolved in the previous game, so I'm expecting the random "forfeiting non-existent Champion's League games" glitch to still be in there.  Not game breaking per se, but an annoyance.

As far as I'm concerned, if there isn't a way to remove them before starting a CM save, I'm treating the entire Ted Lasso thing as **** glitch.  Because that's what I wanted, EA; even less realism in my Career Modes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

The last few iterations have had some carryover for stuff they haven't resolved in the previous game, so I'm expecting the random "forfeiting non-existent Champion's League games" glitch to still be in there.  Not game breaking per se, but an annoyance.

As far as I'm concerned, if there isn't a way to remove them before starting a CM save, I'm treating the entire Ted Lasso thing as **** glitch.  Because that's what I wanted, EA; even less realism in my Career Modes. 

Yeah the amount of time that has gone into minor things that make no difference is silly with basic bugs still littering the game.  That Champions League glitch forced me to forfeit a League One game that I would otherwise have played.  It hasn't ruined the save, but had it been a more crucial game I would have been properly pissed off.

Played it some more and this time vs Liverpool and utd, I still think its a good fifa and better than previous... But the hot dog stuff is ridiculous and kills the game, AI defenders never stay goal side or track runs

If it goes out wide and I'll control the left back absolutely not a **** chance the CB will be goal side when the ball is played in, I'll be the DMC trying to tackle the AMC and their striker will just walk through the middle of my CBs like he's a ghost

I will probably get this in the xmas sales but by around the end of Feb it'll get to the stage where I'm winning games 5-4 games and I'll give up

As part of that I have noticed that if the opposition play a shirt corner and I select to control the defender nearest the ball the AI will send a second defender sprinting over from the middle of the box to try and stop the short corner even though I'm already stood there, they'll patch that out but it makes me laugh, just about sums the AI defending up

On 02/08/2022 at 14:14, Straggler said:

Pitch notes

Nothing exciting at all in there for me and I only do manager mode careers.  I imagine by FIFA 24 they will have a skip to the end of career button to save you all the hassle of playing the game at all. 

Where is the feature for people who like to get stuck in the lower league and grind games out with talentless players fluffing 1 star skill moves?

Actually I do like having a 3rd kit in create a club. I hope the editor is a bit more flexible too.

The thing what used to kill career mode was you could get Plymouth Argyle into the Premier league and they'd still have a transfer budget of 200k

27 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

The thing what used to kill career mode was you could get Plymouth Argyle into the Premier league and they'd still have a transfer budget of 200k

I don't mind that so much. I just imagine that Ellis is the chairman 

• Haha 3

After enjoying it at the start I'm stepping away after about 5 hours

Played 10 PL games, won 4 drawn 1 lost 5, scored 24 conceded 27, its just **** daft, they can't balance this game, been like it for years 

And whoever thought the bubbles at West ham was a good idea can **** right off 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Played 10 PL games, won 4 drawn 1 lost 5, scored 24 conceded 27, its just **** daft, they can't balance this game, been like it for years 

Errr sounds pretty realistic to me that 😂

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The bubbles can absolutely do one. Would disable it in a heartbeat if the option was there 

I'm not sure this is a very good game at the moment.  Played last night for a short time.  My first game ended 5-5.  Scoring goals is stupidly easy for the user and for the AI.  I'm not feeling a simulation here, it is very arcade game IMO.  Will put some more time in it to get a better feel, but not impressed with gameplay so far.

9 minutes ago, Straggler said:

And what happened to the goalkeepers? They are awful.

I find them somewhere between the sublime and the absurd 

They'll pull off worldie after worldie and then flap at something straight at them, again no balance to it, its purely down to the animations of them I think, some saves look too good and some goals look really poor 

PIcked it up for the child using his smyths vouchers, so thankfully didn't have to fork out the £65. Played a couple of games with him but its FIFA, I don't notice the new details haha. Have they fixed career mode? that's all I would usually play.  What's the reason FIFA have split with EA? Have they copped on FUT is a cash cow and are taking over with their own game? I hate FUT.

10 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

PIcked it up for the child using his smyths vouchers, so thankfully didn't have to fork out the £65. Played a couple of games with him but its FIFA, I don't notice the new details haha. Have they fixed career mode? that's all I would usually play.  What's the reason FIFA have split with EA? Have they copped on FUT is a cash cow and are taking over with their own game? I hate FUT.

FIFA being FIFA they claimed the success of the game was because of their name and wanted a ridiculous sum of money for EA to carry on with the license, EA rightly told them to **** off

FUT is their future, career mode is the same hub as its been for about 5/6 years now, madden overhauled theirs FIFA didn't 

IMO the game as a single player experience so far is awful. 14 games into my first career mode and there have been 74 goals scored in total. An average of over 5 goals a game. It feels scripted beyond my experience of any other year. I will go 3 up in a game then my team is unable to complete a tackle or a pass and I let in 3 goals in 15 minutes. It's so frustrating to play. 

And the keeping is so broken. It's like they jump out if the way of the ball on occasions and more often than not they just fall over rather than dive. It is to football what police squad is to detective work.

Â