Derisive nicknames for all PL clubs

Marka Ragnos

I know the common nicknames (the Cherries, etc.), but I want to make sure I can really insult other clubs more accurately. Could you please help me understand some of the negative nicknames for Premier League clubs? These don't normally pop up in the media, and only on forums or in-person. I've heard Manure and West Spam, neither of which seems too impressive, but what are some of the others?   

AFC Bournemouth    The Cherries
Arsenal    The Gunners
Aston Villa    The Villans, The Villa, Villa
Brentford    The Bees, The Reds
Brighton & Hove Albion    The Seagulls, The Albion
Chelsea    The Blues, The Pensioners
Crystal Palace    The Eagles, The Glaziers
Everton    The Blues, The Toffees, The People's Club
Fulham    Cottagers, Whites, Black and White army
Leeds United    The Whites, United, The Peacocks
Leicester City    The Foxes
Liverpool    The Reds
Manchester City    The Citizens, City, The Sky Blues
Manchester United    The Red Devils
Newcastle United    The Magpies, Geordies
Nottingham Forest    Forest
Southampton    The Saints
West Ham United    The Irons, The Hammers, The Academy Of Football
Wolverhampton Wanderers    Wolves, The Wanderers

Villa are "the vile" 

Or one you dont hear that often anymore is the seals which I think is a West brom thing because we clap at everything or some shit like that 

I'm also sure that Baggies was derisive at first and comes from their shorts but they liked it and kept it 

Everton I think are also referred to as bluenoses but whether it not that's derisive again I'm not sure 

Newcastle are the toon

Spurs are the lilywhites 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Dog Heads

I always refer to them as this and actively encourage it.

I also like small time alliance for the other chunts

tescos ,Sandwell or Tipton for them other clowns

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Sorry, what?

Maybe not the greatest list in OP, that one? Sorry! I don't hear any of these except for reading them on British football forums or in the UK media, so it's hard for me to detect weird information. 

(Most Americans I know who follow Premier League don't use the nicknames very often.) 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Living in Devon I have taught the locals to refer to Wolves as Dog heads and Birmingham City as Small Heath Alliance and/or the Turd that won't flush.

I'm happy to report all names have caught on and now used in my work and social circles 😁

Strong work, Ambassador . The nation thanks you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

These don't normally pop up in the media, and only on forums or in-person. I've heard Manure and West Spam, neither of which seems too impressive, but what are some of the others?   

These are very much some nicknames among a certain type of online football discussion.. I think of you tried to use these in person in an actual conversation about football, the best you could hope for is mild confusion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Maybe not the greatest list in OP, that one? Sorry! I don't hear any of these except for reading them on British football forums or in the UK media, so it's hard for me to detect weird information. 

(Most Americans I know who follow Premier League don't use the nicknames very often.) 

Apologies, it wasnt a reflection on you - more a critique of the idiot(s) that claim Everton are The People's Club and West Ham are the Academy of Football 

5 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Apologies, it wasnt a reflection on you - more a critique of the idiot(s) that claim Everton are The People's Club and West Ham are the Academy of Football 

Pretty sure Moyes started calling them the Peoples Club to annoy Liverpool fans

Â