Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

So I've updated the app and confirmed my email. It asked to change my password. So I can access the Draft fantasy section no problem. 

But when I try to get to the regular fantasy section it asks to confirm email and when I click confirm it says something like "Can't send to a non dirty account"

WTF

Never heard that. I'm sure there'll be teething problems around the 2FA. One for their support team.

42 minutes ago, BOF said:

Never heard that. I'm sure there'll be teething problems around the 2FA. One for their support team.

This is the official Premier League one, correct?

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Interesting that Cash was the highest scoring none City/Liverpool defender last season.

He had that run of games where he scored like 3 in 4 games and got a couple of clean sheets. That kind of run shoots you up the table for points scored by defenders

Another note on defenders, VVD is cheaper than Robbo, but has scored within 5 points of him for the last 5 seasons except for the season where he was injured for most of it

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Another note on defenders, VVD is cheaper than Robbo, but has scored within 5 points of him for the last 5 seasons except for the season where he was injured for most of it

That's true and he is very tempting but Robbo didn't play as much as you'd hope last season. 

Hadn't realised how much the World Cup messed with the fixtures and the European Cup games. There's basically a midweek game every gameweek. There's going to be some serious rotation going on which might prove added value to teams not competing. image-51.thumb.webp.365b6e5c91b76b07d38308f183562f68.webp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Hadn't realised how much the World Cup messed with the fixtures and the European Cup games. There's basically a midweek game every gameweek. There's going to be some serious rotation going on which might prove added value to teams not competing. image-51.thumb.webp.365b6e5c91b76b07d38308f183562f68.webp

not so much first 6 gameweeks, but i think there will be a few wildcards used around GW6/7

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

not so much first 6 gameweeks, but i think there will be a few wildcards used around GW6/7

I'm trying to see where the best place to use it before the World Cup starts but there doesn't appear to be a clear fixture swing. 

32 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm trying to see where the best place to use it before the World Cup starts but there doesn't appear to be a clear fixture swing. 

after GW5 there's a bit of a tough run of fixtures for arsenal so i can see a few of them being transferred out

i can see it opening up a bit after that point, as a few lesser teams have an OK run of games from GW6 onwards (bournemouth, newcastle, forest)

probably won't change the template too much but every man and his dog has neto and they have a horrible run between 7-10 so that will make things interesting

Initial thoughts are that this season is going to be 4 sprints. The wildcard splitting the season before the world cup wildcard and the one splitting the season after it. So planning long term doesn't seem to be quite as important as it used to be.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Initial thoughts are that this season is going to be 4 sprints. The wildcard splitting the season before the world cup wildcard and the one splitting the season after it. So planning long term doesn't seem to be quite as important as it used to be.

agreed. it's when to use them that's the question. i'm hoping my team does me until around GW8

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Subject to change but...

image.thumb.png.2bb4cb71150072e53cde05a0cf333d44.png

Different take on the Threemium. Definitely full of differential potential. I don't dislike it. It's light at the back but then you can't have everything. You've got the added benefit that an early wildcard this season is not the season-defining act that it could be. So you can take the punt, and if it pays off then you're laughing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Subject to change but...

image.thumb.png.2bb4cb71150072e53cde05a0cf333d44.png

see i thought about sterling. i do think he will get points. just not sure he will justify 10m