Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Clearly since the injury to Mings, he’s already become very important to us. Torres and to an extent Konsa are more “passive”, Lenglet from what I have seen is the same. Carlos is as close to a replacement as we can get for Mings in terms of strength and physical presence. After he went of yesterday, we looked soft and weak at centre half and centre mid.

15 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

hope he's ok. Was really gutting seeing him stay down. At least it seemed annoying niggle rather than serious injury.

He was supposed to be walking around fine after the game. So hopefully just a minor issue. 

52 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

still no news on the injury?

Have we reached the point we have so many dire injuries the club have decided to stop releasing information to protect morale?????

It's because it's a minor injury and Emery updated on it post match. 

On 06/09/2023 at 12:54, VillanousOne said:

still no news on the injury?

Have we reached the point we have so many dire injuries the club have decided to stop releasing information to protect morale?????

I saw a fan fall over, at the last game.....I thought Stone me its catching, in the crowd now.

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently its a hamstring injury. He is a doubt for palace.

Might see lenglet play

Already quite a few changes at the back this year. The last half of  last season was pretty consistent of Moreno-Mings-Konsa-Young. At present only one of those is playing and is out of position.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Already quite a few chances at the back this year. The last half of  last season was pretty consistent of Moreno-Mings-Konsa-Young. At present only one of those is playing and is out of position.

These injuries are not good. It does make me wonder whether ebcause the training unde rprevious managers has been poor that now emery with his elite training the players are struggling body wise to cope as its not been intense over the years.

This could be complete speculatoon mind you and is not criticism at emery btw

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently its a hamstring injury. He is a doubt for palace.

Might see lenglet play

Slight muscle injury/hamstring appears to be the issue, but how do we know he’s a doubt for the Palace game? Nothing official has come out unless I’ve missed it?  

Â