Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Be a big risk starting him and Torres after one game. Neither has great Premier league experience.  Konsa and Torres to start for me..

This is what I would go with and what I think Emery will go with, but tbf I don't think "Premier League experience" is the be all and end all. See: Diaby.

7 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If anything pairing him with Torres is perhaps easier. It’s a new partnership whichever way we do it now, be it Torres/Konsa, Torres/Carlos or Carlos/Konsa - so might as well put the two Spanish speaking players together.

Tough on Konsa but that’s top level football.

I think Konsa could still play at RB. Cash's running can cause the opposition problems - but let's be honest, how often does he actually do anything effective in the final third? It would make even more sense starting Konsa there if Moreno was fit though.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think Konsa could still play at RB. Cash's running can cause the opposition problems - but let's be honest, how often does he actually do anything effective in the final third? It would make even more sense starting Konsa there if Moreno was fit though.

Agree. I actually think they make a really great and versatile back 3. Perhaps not in the traditional sense because it doesn’t seem to be Unai’s preferred formation, but starting with Moreno advanced on the left as we did last season, it gives us the option to bring Moreno off later in a game and switch to attacking down the right with Cash (or preferably a new right footed version of Moreno!).

Also, I quite liked Carlos’ powerful runs into midfield in preseason, and this gives him (and the other two) more license to do that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If anything pairing him with Torres is perhaps easier. It’s a new partnership whichever way we do it now, be it Torres/Konsa, Torres/Carlos or Carlos/Konsa - so might as well put the two Spanish speaking players together.

Tough on Konsa but that’s top level football.

Konsa only has himself to blame he was absolutely awful without mings ans has been awful without mings in the past.

Any decent cb can play with any player beside them 

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

This is what I would go with and what I think Emery will go with, but tbf I don't think "Premier League experience" is the be all and end all. See: Diaby.

I agree on Diaby, looks one hell of a player, if only Watkins had buried the chance he created for him.....

Defense though,  especially in the middle, I would still keep Konsa in despite him being at fault for the goal, it was very taken BTW.

Torres looked quality to me, hid distribution and confidence on the ball stood out. Think the poor performance was more down to the midfield going missing defensively Kamara, Mcginn and Bailey. 

6 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Love the power he puts into his short passes, plays it straight into feet. 

Yep. Also love him skipping Konsa and Torres to get it into cash and Dignes feet. We were playing out the back so much quicker with him on the pitch 

He appears to be absolutely mental and is 70% good player and 30% walking red card/penalty.

Surely Hibs is a good game for him to start? Try to go 60/90 mins.

Good luck to any Hibs forwards looking to take him on.

• Like 3

Â