Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Cure for insomnia this. **** me I’ve never been so bored watching a match before. 

Have you not watched England before? 

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

Well Kane is one of the best strikers in the world then we have a handful of good premier league level strikers below him.

That is pretty much as good as it gets for a top international team.

I think France would have something to say about that. If Ollie Watkins is our best after Kane, then,  forward wise, we ain't got a lot.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who did we beat to do that! A shit Germany team was the biggest challenge. 

edit: we could have been more expansive and not even got to the final. So quick to blame a manager, never the players. I find that bizarre.  Too much fifa I reckon. 

1) I don’t play fifa, don’t play computer games really, just not my thing.

2) I give in, I don’t agree with you but you are entitled to your opinion.  Southgate is poor and is incredibly lucky to have one of the best International squads with quality depth in the world.  He’s just not good enough to get the best out of them. You don’t agree with this, that’s fine!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

At home too

We will never get a better chance. I can't see another tournament where our opposition will be so utterly ordinary. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I think France would have something to say about that. If Ollie Watkins is our best after Kane, then,  forward wise, we ain't got a lot.

I didn't say the best set of 9's just one of them

What I don't get is the number of low percentage passes we play in the middle 3rd when we won't play low percentage passes in the final 3rd

Kalvin Phillips there with a no look chuck it in the mixer pass on the half way line in the general direction of team mates who were 30 yards from goal, maguire does exactly the same time and time again 

• Like 1

We just don't take risks under Southgate. Even the commentators saying it now, they all look scared to lose the ball.

I truly think the players themselves are getting a bit bored with Southgate.

Even Jack in his post match nterview said he just does what the manager says, seemed a little sarcastic too!

Honestly this game is making me feel very excited about having Boubacar Kamara. Watching him play yesterday vs seeing Rice and Phillips now, who are considered among the best in the position in the league and who would cost 50m a pop at minimum. We've played a blinder there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

As an attacking unit we start to look the best in the world IMO

Out and out strikers at this level we only have kane (because no one else gets a chance) but when you look at who we could put out behind kane it's impressive 

Front 4 of grealish foden sterling and kane is as good as anything France could do

But then that's a moot point because of how Southgate would instruct those 4 to play 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

1) I don’t play fifa, don’t play computer games really, just not my thing.

2) I give in, I don’t agree with you but you are entitled to your opinion.  Southgate is poor and is incredibly lucky to have one of the best International squads with quality depth in the world.  He’s just not good enough to get the best out of them. You don’t agree with this, that’s fine!

I never even disagreed with that. I just said it’s not all on him. Players need to take some responsibility.  You need to play fifa ;)

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly this game is making me feel very excited about having Boubacar Kamara. Watching him play yesterday vs seeing Rice and Phillips now, who are considered among the best in the position in the league and who would cost 50m a pop at minimum. We've played a blinder there.

rice is at least 100m

Â